Outlook Express Problem

My PC froze last night and after I rebooted it I couldnt open OE, it gave gave me an error message.

I could still send emails from it, but I couldnt receive them, though I know I was getting them through my BT Yahoo page.

Anyone any ideas what the problem could be? Or alternatively I've read people mentioning alternative programmes. Do they work the same as OE and are they easy to set up?

Cheers.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have that as a browser. Do they have an email programme as well like?

515120[/snapback]

Aye, it's called Thunderbird I think.

I use it and it's pretty nifty.

TBH I don't know why anyone would need another email program other than hotmail, especially now it has increased storage.  Certainly agree that Outlook is complete bollox.

515148[/snapback]

Many reasons. There's loads of sites that won't accept hotmail addresses for an email cuz you can just sign up for one. You don't even need any personal details any more.

Yahoo on the other hand is cool. 1Gig storage FREE!!! Hotmail's no there yet are they?

Many reasons.  There's loads of sites that won't accept hotmail addresses for an email cuz you can just sign up for one.  You don't even need any personal details any more.

Yahoo on the other hand is cool.  1Gig storage FREE!!!  Hotmail's no there yet are they?

515833[/snapback]

True enough I suppose if you use email a lot you will chose a good package its like if you play football a lot its worth hunting around to get the best boots, rather than a pair for 15 quid. I was really meaning for your average internet user (who I very much doubt will need 1GB worth of email) The ease of signing up aswell could maybe be seen as an advantage to certain people.

Archived