North Atlantic Fantasy Football

Charlie boy seems to have brought this up again, just in time for the share issue... so lets just imagine for 1 minute, that this complete fantasy is infact true.

First of all, why would The Rangers be invited into it?

Is it a Full European League with the best 36 teams in Europe, that will be made up of these 2 divisions of 18, or will it be spread by nationality.... 4 from spain, 4 from england, 3 from germany, 2 from italy, 1 from scotland etc etc?

How can The Rangers even remotely consider themselves close to being invited.... if it's for the best 36 teams in Europe, The Rangers are nowhere near this level.

How would promotion to and relegation from the bottom division work... how could rangers be promoted into the league in say 3-5 years, if say an Austrian team finished bottom?

To be part of such a league, playing 34 games a season, i'd imagine would mean not only be giving up your league place until such times as you are relegated out the Euro League.... but giving up competing in national competitions... with the travel involved on a fortnightly basis, there's no way you could be playing in cup games aswell. infact why should you be invited into a national cup competition if you are unwilling to take part in the league competition.

I would have put it on the The Rangers/Celtic forum, but i've no idea if the The Rangers fans even go there, why would they.... plus i can't imagine the Celtic fans have a clue what Charles Greenm is talking about.

:lol:

Naughty, naughty, chaps - Bennett isn't really asking for reds - it just seems that waywink.gif

Oh, and sorry, Bennett, I'm not buying into your reverse psychology. Nice to see the scales falling from your and Tedi's eyes over the last day or so, at least starting to. Acceptance awaits - be nice if you both got there before TU* Day comes around. Just, have a word with Bendarroch will you - I don't think the lad'll be enjoying this....

BTW - Who's this Mason Boyne fuckwit? First off I thought he was another green Sister WUM, but all those posts! That's either some serious undercover work or the lad needs sectioning.

* Tits Up.

How would promotion to and relegation from the bottom division work... how could rangers be promoted into the league in say 3-5 years, if say an Austrian team finished bottom?

I think this idea has merits. Could we not nominate both Celtic and Sevco for it and then when they turn out to be rubbish get them relegated into the aforementioned Austrian League?

• 3 years later...

Charlie boy seems to have brought this up again, just in time for the share issue... so lets just imagine for 1 minute, that this complete fantasy is infact true.

First of all, why would The Rangers be invited into it?

Is it a Full European League with the best 36 teams in Europe, that will be made up of these 2 divisions of 18, or will it be spread by nationality.... 4 from spain, 4 from england, 3 from germany, 2 from italy, 1 from scotland etc etc?

How can The Rangers even remotely consider themselves close to being invited.... if it's for the best 36 teams in Europe, The Rangers are nowhere near this level.

To be part of such a league, playing 34 games a season, i'd imagine would mean not only be giving up your league place until such times as you are relegated out the Euro League.... but giving up competing in national competitions... with the travel involved on a fortnightly basis, there's no way you could be playing in cup games aswell. infact why should you be invited into a national cup competition if you are unwilling to take part in the league competition.

I would have put it on the The Rangers/Celtic forum, but i've no idea if the The Rangers fans even go there, why would they.... plus i can't imagine the Celtic fans have a clue what Charles Greenm is talking about.

I struggle to see where thistle would fit in hahah

Archived