Charles Green's share issue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Whyte withheld the PAYE and N.I. which was the main reason for the PLC liquidation but there was never a finding of guilty on this in a court of law,such as a tribunal.HMRC forwarded a demand for payment and there is no argument that the money was held back but there was never a finding of guilt.

Whyte was the owner of Rangers, so the responsibility falls with the club. not just one person. nice try though.

Glad you agree,Enrico. The Rangers Football Club PLC, the clue is in the PLC as in Public Limited Company.

You know i'm just teasing :P

No, Whyte withheld the PAYE and N.I. which was the main reason for the PLC liquidation but there was never a finding of guilty on this in a court of law,such as a tribunal.HMRC forwarded a demand for payment and there is no argument that the money was held back but there was never a finding of guilt.

Your Chiropractor must love you :1eye

Sanity at last. Welcome to the real world outside the OF. It's nice out here. You'll love it!

I've always been of the opinion that when a small nondescript provincial club,such as Aberdeen, win a European trophy then it should be recognised as a greater achievement than that of the more senior clubs. Only my opinion though. Others may dispute that opinion.

I've always been of the opinion that when a small nondescript provincial club,such as Aberdeen, win a European trophy then it should be recognised as a greater achievement than that of the more senior clubs. Only my opinion though. Others may dispute that opinion.

That's you 'making friends as you go up the leagues again' :whistle

Must really annoy you they have done more in european football than Rangers. ;)

:lol::lol:

Enrico was right, it was the big bad company.

That's you 'making friends as you go up the leagues again' :whistle

Always been our way,others just don't recognise that aspect of our support.

Must really annoy you they have done more in european football than Rangers. ;)

Not in the slightest,Enrico. At least i'll give them credit for their achievement.

That will be TWO Eurpoean trophys youngsy.....

In every debate with you he has been.... he's not being fed bullshit from his club though (or is it the company.... man this is confusing)

It wasnae Rangers anyway!

Oops,someone seems to be taking this seriously. Our next trophy,that will be our 225th since club founding in 1872 in all competitions,friendlies as well. Remarkable record.

Are we only concentrating on the timeframe of the EBTs as regards Rangers competing for the top title in Scotland? You see the thing is both clubs have by and large been competing against each other for the top title in Scotland for many years before the last decade, albeit we had some clubs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Dundee actually winning the championship outwith Rangers and Celtic since 1962.

That's fifty years since Dundee won it,couldn't retain it, Kilmarnock the same three years later, Aberdeen won it in 1980 couldn't retain it, Dundee United same applies they couldn't retain it,Aberdeen won it and retained it in 1984 and 1985 but that's it. So in that respect that has been the reality of the Scottish game going back decades and i'll say again that Rangers will win the championship before any other Scottish club, outwith Celtic. Hence the reason i'm saying that without both clubs in the same division there is no relevant challenge to either club,at the current time that club being Celtic.

Yes, i think it's correct to concentrate on that period as thats the period of the "modern era" if you like, the period of a "generation". the period of murray's tenure onwards, the period of tv taking control of the scottish game. in the modern era, the only way rangers could compete with celtic was via EBT tax dodges and running up a debt which saw them go into liquidation.

the game has changed so much since the 1950-mid80's that there is no point discussing it with relevance to rangers return to the top flight.

but thanks for the brief history of scottish football, it was appreciated... even if it was used to ignore any of the points i raised, such as:

the only way Rangers were able to compete with celtic in the modern era was using EBT's, regardless of their legality, that allowed them to increase their playing budget, therefore allowed them to stay close to celtic. Whilst doing this, they were also running up a huge debt, a debt that saw the "company" liquidated. debt to small businesss that if rangers had paid, would have reduced the playing budget.

and all this time, celtic were breaking even, sometimes running a profit!

over the last 15 to 20 years if Rangers had run at break even, paid off the debts when the bill came in and didn't use a tax dodge.... could they have even come close to celtic... adversly if celtic had ran at a giant loss at the same level as rangers, how many more players could celtic have brought in, that would have allowed them to run away from rangers.

i'm not saying that if rangers return, that they will be a mid table team, the income they generate from attendances should see them as the second place team. but they will be the second place team, and thats as good as it can get... i repeat, the only way you competed in a top two, previously, was running up debt and using a tax dodge.

how can any sensible rangers fan (of which you are one) realistically look at what has happenned over the last 20 years, the tricks used to compete with celtic, and say with a straight face, that without doing all these under hand things.... you will still compete with celtic. how can that be financially possible?

Rangers are shite. :)

You're looking for an argument,aren't you. :P I'm not going there on that but did you know that since Rangers were founded in 1872 we have won 224 trophies,or next will be our 225th, we've been in four Europen finals,winning one, a remarkable record, Henrik. Did you also know Henrik, that Rangers also have the biggest representation of players for Scotland, Henrik. Remarkable record.

Oops,someone seems to be taking this seriously. Our next trophy,that will be our 225th since club founding in 1872 in all competitions,friendlies as well. Remarkable record.

So are you just joking that the club and company are different now? :lol:

Surely 225 is not just a remarkable record, it must be a world record!

Archived