MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

25 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

He looks in good spirits in that pic but what a fucking mess. I seen a statement on Twitter his ex-wife put out saying that when the pic was taken they still hadn't operated on him and were concerned about further swelling of his brain.

Sickening stuff.

Regardless of whether he looks in good spirits or not, that has to still be in life-threatening territory. Severe brain swelling sometimes takes a few days to manifest and if he gets away with just a horrendously broken skull then he'll be a very, very lucky man. 

Unfortunately though, I fear the worst for the guy looking at that.  

So that's Chad Mendes done for two years which is potentially the end of his fighting career. Glad to see USADA in action and hopefully in the long term act as a big enough deterrent for new fighters. Think we'll soon see a few more big level names done for the same outside of possibly Jones.

Fairly boring main card last night, Holm is a lost cause at the moment and her fall from grace has been pretty rapid.

Haven't seen the fight from last night but hardly that fair. She possibly would've won a decision against Tate until that brilliant sub.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Fairly boring main card last night, Holm is a lost cause at the moment and her fall from grace has been pretty rapid.

That's a bit harsh, not really her fault the whole world thought she was god for knocking out a grappler with one of the worst coaches in the game. She was also beating Tate, until Tate, pulled of a Tate. Shevchenko is one of the greatest female strikers on the planet, she beat Joanna Jedrzejczyk three times at Muai Thai, I think everyone knew she was winning that fight, the betting line opened with Holm 1/4 fav, closed at almost evens.

Edson Barboza looked brilliant again, however I did notice he looks a bit chinny, but damm those leg kicks, must be the most dangerous move at 155.

Edited by peeeel

Really enjoyed the main event, Shevchenko is a compact bundle of joy to watch. Holm's distance management with her striking was poor, way under par from her, almost no setup for any of those fifty fresh air kicks bar the odd feint.