MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Didn't think the Riverboat had a TV area. Might just end up watching it on my phone since I've got the BT sport app free for 6 months. Thanks.

The Riveboat doesn't, however the one on Glassford St has a massive screen for sports. The Alea also has a bar for sports viewing.

We are driving down on Saturday night, going to event then straight back home and mate that's driving will be going to work at 11am.

Rather him than me.

My mate drove from Falkirk-Manchester and back in the same day. Killer

McGregor v Diaz 2 this weekend. What's everyone's thoughts? 

I can't see anything other than a Diaz win. Full camp, reach, height, weight advantage. The only hope I think for McGregor is to out point him but Diaz is no slouch when it comes to striking. He's talked a good game in this camp, and is obviously confident so I hope he wins and we get the trilogy. 

McGregor has also had a full camp preparing for a fighter at 170. Much as he had a full camp before he wasn't fully ready for the weight or the opponent. I actually give him a better chance this time round.

As for Nate he should be comfortable at the weight more than Conor. He's a good striker but Conor hits harder. It's got to be McGregor by knockout if he wins at all. Any other result will only be taken by Nate whether it's a submission stoppage again or on points.

57 minutes ago, dr lector said:

Connor for me , Diaz walking around at 200lbs last few weeks so he's needing the weight cut which could work on Connors favour ... Think he might need to win on points kos the Stockton man has a chin like Chris Eubank :)

If you believe Diaz was walking around at 200 you'll believe anything. I'm pretty sure that was a joke that Nate played along with. 

It was Conor that said Diaz looked around 200 lbs. Just watched the 1st embedded and Diaz looks fine, no way he's miles overweight or anything.

I'm with Diaz by TKO, think when he rocks McGregor this time he just smashes him instead of taking the submission. McGregor is talking a good game again but you don't just develop cardio in 3 or 4 months, it's one of them things you either have or don't I think. Obviously it can be made a bit better but there's no way I can see McGregor lasting more than 3 rounds.

Quite interested to see what weight McGregor comes in at this time, last time he tried eating his way to 170 but only made 168, I think he's under that already and not as worried about it.

Fucking sick of people (clueless mates/workmates etc) banging on about McGregor being shit on the ground, if Diaz actually makes an effort to get him down early, I doubt he'd be able to keep him down or even get near a submission on him. Not that I think Diaz would ever even try that anyway.