MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

For 2016, there are three headline candidates in my mind.

Stipe - won the belt, beat Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, all clinical 1st round

Bisping - surprise & insane grit factor plus taking and defending the belt, beat Anderson, Rockhold, Hendo.

McGregor - two weight champ, fought at two weights above FW, became 2 weight champ, beat Diaz and Alvarez. Also shat on FW GOAT in mid Dec 2015.

Joanna misses out only having fought twice.

The insane number of pullouts is tied with Jon Jones for Fuckups of the Year.

43 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

To the surprise of pretty much nobody, Cyborg has been flagged for a potential USADA breach. If she ends up guilty and with a two year suspension that'll be her UFC career deid.

She has just tweeted "Its nothing bad. I'm on medical treatment."

If they were going to pull him from the card they'd have pulled the injury stuff instantly and just said "you're getting a title shot out of it" rather than this mess. Wouldn't be the first or the last time they'd have done something similar.

I think this is just a mess.

Russian press reporting that we're getting Khabib vs. Ferguson at UFC 209. They're reporting it as the main event but I think that's unlikely.

I think it's now big enough for a PPV main event with the McGregor angle. For me it's the best fight possible out of any weight class(other than maybe DC-Jones). Bullshit that they have to fight each other before facing McGregor anyway.
I was/am still hoping McGregor fights before his baby is due, possibly March but if they announce this then either he's not fighting or trying to avoid Khabib.

I think it's now big enough for a PPV main event with the McGregor angle. For me it's the best fight possible out of any weight class(other than maybe DC-Jones). Bullshit that they have to fight each other before facing McGregor anyway.
I was/am still hoping McGregor fights before his baby is due, possibly March but if they announce this then either he's not fighting or trying to avoid Khabib.

It's big enough for hardcore fans, but from a ppv element Khabib isn't a sell to casuals. Casuals want standing knockouts and as little ground game as possible.

Saw a rumour of Diaz v Aldo for lightweight interim title which I really hope is utter bullshit.

They're pushing into Russia too, so might use this, as well as the Conor angle, to push this as a main event with a strong undercard.

Diaz/Aldo for the interim doesn't seem likely to me as Diaz isn't far removed from saying he's taking a lot of time out. And I don't think that fight is a big enough money spinner to entice him back.

They're pushing into Russia too, so might use this, as well as the Conor angle, to push this as a main event with a strong undercard.
Diaz/Aldo for the interim doesn't seem likely to me as Diaz isn't far removed from saying he's taking a lot of time out. And I don't think that fight is a big enough money spinner to entice him back.

But does Russia have same viewing format we do in the UK? Big views are obviously preferable but the heavy dependency on the American PPV market overrides everything. It's a very good fight though which I'd happily see as a main event though.

Khabib was offered Aldo when Ferguson started making demands for more money. Khabib came out on twitter saying he's wanting Ferguson only basically.
Aldo Diaz makes sense though, as After Kahbib/Ferguson it would be Aldo/Diaz more than likely.

For me it should be Aldo vs Holloway and Khabib vs McGregor asap. Would like to see Diaz back in there aswell but can't see him taking anyone other than McGregor, think I read him demanding 20million or something recently. Diaz vs Alvarez or Barboza would be decent.

On what planet does Aldo vs. Diaz make sense?

Love the potential Khabib/Tony fight, could actually see Khabib getting caught by Tony's BJJ and getting done by sub. Saying that, never seen anyone GnP like Khabib in my life.

So Gardbrandt storms out of an interview after Cruz inevitably winds him up. He's so fucking fired up and you can just see him tiring out in this fight, constantly overreaching while Cruz makes him dance to his beat.

In other news White confirmed that 207 will be Goldbergs last broadcast with the UFC. He makes some pretty hilarious f**k ups but all in I'll be sad to see him go. Him and Rogan make a good pair all in.