MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I find it somewhat dubious that he is umming and awwing over a deal following the announcement of the new drug testing. Nor do I believe, or want to think, he can beat Valuesquez. Assuming the glass made warrior returns soon.

If he gives the two companies hope that he'll be signing a deal with them then they'll compete for him and drive his price up, he does it every time.

If he gives the two companies hope that he'll be signing a deal with them then they'll compete for him and drive his price up, he does it every time.

Can't say I follow his WWE career at all, however suppose from his side that's a fair tactic. Is his WWE contract though not within the millions and substantially more than he could ever make in the UFC?

I get the drive to succeed in a competitive sport, but if I was offered a shit load more money with a lower risk of getting my face caved in, I know which contract I'd take.

Zingano must be fuming, didn't give herself a chance. Why the f**k would you immediately charge into Rousey's arms, off balance, taking you to the floor in a tangle of limbs? There's only one result.

Judo say MMA sets a bad example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/judo/31759834

Pish.

I can see his point to an extent, but really don't like his moralizing about sport connecting to human values.

The guilt by association stuff regarding Glasgow not getting to host the judo championship is political turd.

Judo say MMA sets a bad example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/judo/31759834

Pish.

Ah, the good old "human cockfighting" argument. Same old shite that we've been hearing for years from folk with zero knowledge of the sport.

Thought I had somehow managed to miss the build up to McGregor's next fight after watching the video on that BBC article but presume it was filmed before his fight with Siver.

Whose all staying up tonight then? Absolutely great card and has potential to be alot of fun. Weirdly looking forward to Nelson v Overeem most and someone is definitely getting ko'd in that one.

Whose all staying up tonight then? Absolutely great card and has potential to be alot of fun. Weirdly looking forward to Nelson v Overeem most and someone is definitely getting ko'd in that one.

Decent looking card if a bit predictable, don't see many upsets across the card tbh.

eta: Nelson aside, who is the outsider for some reason. Can't see Overeem's jaw holding against him if he bangs him early.

Edited by Christophe

Decent looking card if a bit predictable, don't see many upsets across the card tbh.

eta: Nelson aside, who is the outsider for some reason. Can't see Overeem's jaw holding against him if he bangs him early.

Probably not, but Hendricks v Brown could be interesting. A Hendricks win seems the likely outcome but a three wound war would be sexy. Imagine Brown will come out flying as per also and isn't one for a boring fight.

Friend of mine reckons first two rounds to Overeem then a Nelson KO which would be hilarious.

Probably not, but Hendricks v Brown could be interesting. A Hendricks win seems the likely outcome but a three wound war would be sexy. Imagine Brown will come out flying as per also and isn't one for a boring fight.

Friend of mine reckons first two rounds to Overeem then a Nelson KO which would be hilarious.

Coming flying out the blocks into Hendricks would be suicidal, he'll reign it in a wee bit i think...will still be a good fight though...Hendricks decision i'm thinking, knockout is there for him though if Brown keeps coming forward.

Feels like an age since we saw a Hendricks ko. He gave GSP's face an absolute pasting but that's the last time I mind him causing absolute havoc with his fists. Be nice to see that super left again.

Really looking forward to tonight. Debating whether to get in a few hours sleep before hand to make sure I'm a bit rested. I've fell asleep several times in between fights, don't want that to happen for this show.

Everyone is different, but I've found doing the all nighter way difficult. Instead I usually now go to bed early then wake up for main card. Couple of coffees and have a tired Sunday. Tonight maybe difficult though as a friend is jumping over to mine for a drink at 10pm.