MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Despite having a bit of interest, here is Uncle Chael P Sonnen's view on tonight's big boxing match. Was unsure whether to stick this here or the boxing thread. Can't say I hugely disagree.

post-42418-14305889288409_thumb.jpg

Despite having a bit of interest, here is Uncle Chael P Sonnen's view on tonight's big boxing match. Was unsure whether to stick this here or the boxing thread. Can't say I hugely disagree.

I said in the boxing thread when the bout was announced that it was 5 years too late. Fight fans have been royally fucked over to the extent that I now give close to zero fucks about the fight. f**k em both.

I don't want to turn this into a whole "BOXING IS BORING MMA f**k YEH" debate, however the manner in which guys duck and dive opponents in boxing comparative to the UFC is grim.

^^^"footballers just roll about for 90 minutes. Rugby players are real men" type post, IMO.

Two completely different sports in terms of promotion and regulatory bodies. Impossible to compare them.

Edited by J_Stewart

• 2 weeks later...

Was surprised the ref didn't stop it in the round the proper beating started (3rd?) More surprised his corner sent him out for the 4th, and a bit disgusted they sent him out for the 5th.

Christophe, on 11 May 2015 - 11:33, said:

Add the doc to the list too, clearly knew Hunt couldn't see but didn't have the bottle to call it unless Hunt admitted so. Horrible stuff all round

Didn't think about that. Good shout.

A lot of people asking why Miocic didn't get a performance bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if he knocked one back.