MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Cracking card and enjoyed all the fights. Maia is just a class above on the ground, hope he keeps winning. I personally thought Jacare should've won or been a draw depending on how you score the first round. Rockhold was very impressive and rightly deserves that belt. Herb Dean should've stopped that in the 3rd though. Conor winning the way he did shocked me but my god it was beautiful! Hopefully Frankie for him next!

I liked the post fight interview with Aldo where he/the interpreter said there should be a rematch because there wasn't really a fight.

Joe Rogan did well to temper his response and say something along the lines of "there was a fight, just not a long one", rather than just saying "Well Jose, that's because he knocked you the f*ck out".

Is Tito ortiz still fighting?? No watched the ufc in years.

He's on the 'circus' tour over on Bellator with Fedor, Shamrock, Kimbo etc. Highly embarrassing stuff.

ETA- actually I'm giving them credit for calling it a circus tour, that would suggest some kind of insight by Bellator into the fact that they were balancing these types of fights with legit mma promoting, but no Tito actually had a title fight about 2 months ago!

Edited by Christophe

Wouldn't call him a bottler, just one of the guys who's talent can get them so far but not have that extra bit quality to nab a title/title shot. Like Bisping, Faber etc.

Yip. He last lost in 2013 to two former/current champs. Two year is a very long time in MMA and I don't see it being that close tonight, particularly a post trt Dos Anjos who looks a tad deflated since the ban.