MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Mcgregor's whole winning style is smashing through his opposition early doors, but Diaz as proven before can take all the hits and won't be going down. For some reason can only see same outcome assuming it's five rounds?

Just don't see how Mcgregor wins. He could fight in a counter style and win by decision buy I doubt it, and I just don't see how he finishes a fight against someone who in 29 fights has been TKO'd once and submitted once against bigger and some aeguably better fighters than Mcgregor.

I think Diaz wins by submission again.

14 hours ago, Fisherman said:

I'm with Diaz by TKO, think when he rocks McGregor this time he just smashes him instead of taking the submission. McGregor is talking a good game again but you don't just develop cardio in 3 or 4 months, it's one of them things you either have or don't I think. Obviously it can be made a bit better but there's no way I can see McGregor lasting more than 3 rounds.

Cardio definitely isn't just something you have or you don't and it absolutely can be made better through training. Maybe 3 or 4 months hasn't been enough for him to get to where he needs to be but it's possible he's improved enough to see out the fight.

Cardio definitely isn't just something you have or you don't and it absolutely can be made better through training. Maybe 3 or 4 months hasn't been enough for him to get to where he needs to be but it's possible he's improved enough to see out the fight.

We'll see I suppose but don't forget McGregor had a full camp last time and was still blowing out his arse after a round. Some guys just have better engines is what I was saying really.

Main event should be about 5am I think?!

Main card usually 3am, prelims 1am.

Think it was after 5 last time but that had holm-tate before it which went nearly 25mins. This time it's Glover-Rumble which won't go more than 1 or 2 rounds I'd reckon! Fancy Glover for the upset in that 1 but wouldn't be surprised if Rumble won inside a minute!

7 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

We'll see I suppose but don't forget McGregor had a full camp last time and was still blowing out his arse after a round. Some guys just have better engines is what I was saying really.

Think it was after 5 last time but that had holm-tate before it which went nearly 25mins. This time it's Glover-Rumble which won't go more than 1 or 2 rounds I'd reckon! Fancy Glover for the upset in that 1 but wouldn't be surprised if Rumble won inside a minute!

He didn't really have a full camp though. He had three quarters of a camp preparing for a fight at 155, then had a quarter of a camp for a fight at 170. Having to pile on that much muscle / extra weight whilst maintaining your cardio levels in such a short space of time is nearly impossible, so I'd be amazed if his cardio isn't better this time round.

Would still imagine it'll be a Diaz win though. McGregor being favourite with the bookies is odd.

8 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Aye, obviously some fighters will have better cardio than others. But McGregor's camp last time was for 155, the stamina required for fighting RDA at 155 is different to fighting Nate at 170, he's carrying more weight than he was planning on and having to hit a bigger guy harder. I'm not sure his camp the last time has any bearing on this one. 

I'm hopeful that the main event gets on sharpish as my stamina for staying up for main events is fucking terrible.

So Conor turned up late and made everyone wait to show how it's the "Conor show" so Diaz decided to walk out as soon as he turned up haha. 

Hopefully Nate smashes him again on Saturday. 

Na. Diaz wouldn't be up for any set up fake shit.

Don't believe that for a second. Someone tells Nate that if he storms out, shouts motherfucker a few times and chucks a couple of bottles he'll get an extra half mil in his hipper in PPV buys, he'd be asking if he could do it twice.

Complete set-up, IMO.