MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

The Experiment went as expected, still props to the guy though. Never even got to throw a punch.

Shame for JoJo, looked quite comfortable dealing with Andrade's ground game, but a sub's a sub. That was a supertough matchup, JoJo can still excel at 115 i feel.

Overroids has got to go for the GnP there though, even one solid connection after Stipe hits the floor dazed and it's game over.

Werdum kicking Edmund tho [emoji1]

Well that was a disappointment. Expected it but for Punk to not even throw a legitimate punch it was very underwhelming. When his music hit it was definitely a bit of goosebumps for me but then I just got really nervous because I knew what was coming. Mickey Gall is a smug Americana p***k though, and clearly thick as f**k. 

JoJo was demolished by an absolute beast of a woman. Unbelievably strong for someone that weight. 

I'm not sure if I like Gall or not. He obliterated Punk so that gets major pass marks, but like said, he seems like a p***k. Seemed to carry himself in the presser but also still clearly butt hurt by Punk's pre fight mind games which sort of supports the thicko comment as well.

Does he seem like a p***k or does he just understand the game?

He was fighting in the arse end of nowhere and after 2 fights in the UFC he beat CM Punk convincingly and called out the other golden boy who got pushed too quickly and paid for more than his status deserves.

He seems like a nice kid playing the game to me so fair fucks to him.

I think Gall knows exactly what he's doing, and that's making a name for himself and acting like a cocky wee shite so people will pay to see him get beat. No issue with it.

CM Punk is some boy. Took an absolute fucking doing, but he's got balls of stone to step in to a professional MMA fight in front of millions and millions of people. Seems sound as f**k as well. Would be good to see him get another fight down the road against some jobber and get at least a competitive fight.

Overeem getting telt by Joe Rogan in the middle of the ring about the phantom tap was even better than seeing him get smashed. MMA moment of the year so far, IMO.

I think Gall knows exactly what he's doing, and that's making a name for himself and acting like a cocky wee shite so people will pay to see him get beat. No issue with it.

CM Punk is some boy. Took an absolute fucking doing, but he's got balls of stone to step in to a professional MMA fight in front of millions and millions of people. Seems sound as f**k as well. Would be good to see him get another fight down the road against some jobber and get at least a competitive fight.

Overeem getting telt by Joe Rogan in the middle of the ring about the phantom tap was even better than seeing him get smashed. MMA moment of the year so far, IMO.

That's the thing, there's absolutely nobody the Ufc could give him and it be competitive.

Joe's got it right, he shouldn't have to interview people that have just been fucking KO'd.  Was a bit insulted by Punk pretty much sprinting at Gall. Regardless of that, he was never going to win, Gall is legit. 

The Werdum/Browne fight was crazy for many reasons. I wanted Overeem to win but when Miocic won, what a reaction, has to be the best one yet.

I can't really understand how people can think Mickey Gall is stupid. There are a tonne of 'Mickey Gall' types out there and there were a bunch fighting in front of Dana that night but only one of them had the smarts to get himself a superstar fight, get on a huge UFC PPV, and then secure a fight with another big draw whilst the world was watching. The boy's played a blinder, and good luck to him.