MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Aldo has thrown a hissy and asked to be released from the UFC. Was offered Pettis or Holloway at 205 but only wants Conor.

I can understand his point a little as Conor is simply not defending his belt, but Aldo would go long stretches without defending the fucking thing and he got absolutely murked by Conor.

39 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Except Aldo went up to 13 months without defending his belt.

Am a casual UFC fan like watching it now and again so a don't really know much about what previous champions have done or not done. Was Aldo fighting in other divisions at the time or not at all ? Just strange letting Conor keep the fw belt and this will be his 3rd fight outside the division. Do u think Dana would be so forgiving to other champions ? Personally I think not

Am a casual UFC fan like watching it now and again so a don't really know much about what previous champions have done or not done. Was Aldo fighting in other divisions at the time or not at all ? Just strange letting Conor keep the fw belt and this will be his 3rd fight outside the division. Do u think Dana would be so forgiving to other champions ? Personally I think not

He wasn't no, but he was always pulling out fights. Something like 12 fights booked and only showing up to 6. The point regard Conor being able to do what he wants is absolutely true but Aldo is just trying to use it as leverage when, as Banana points out, he got absolutely rekt by Conor.

Whether people like it or not McGregor is a stupidly big draw for the UFC, far an above anyone else on the current active roster. Dana will bend rules and change previous ways to accommodate him cause he's where the dollah is at.

He's the most marketable fighter obviously Dana is going to do everything he can to keep him in the spot light as most other businesses would.  Rightly or wrongly Conor sells tickets and with Dana being the commander and chief in Vince McMahon style he's obviously going to cash in while he can.

Only time i'm interested in UFC at the moment is when McGregor is fighting and that will be the same worldwide with casual fans like him or not he's box office for UFC. and it'll be to see him win or get beat.

Aldo is a drug cheat too. I have f**k all sympathy for him and hope that UFC take him up on his offer. I also wish they'd just have stripped Conor of his title, but I get the sense they're waiting to see if he can become the first person to hold two titles and then allow him to do that himself.

You didn't think his treatment of the drug testers in Brazil was dodgy as f**k?

There was an explanation of it I'm sure, the Ufc came out defending him and his manager if I remember rightly.

He looked as good as ever in his last fight, and that's with the usada testing etc.

That press conference was decent,
At the moment I'm wanting Alvarez, wonderboy and Karolina to win the fights, although I don't mind if conor does win as I like every fight looking ahead for him if he does. Ferguson/Khabib/Cowboy etc.

Alvarez to get him down and pound him out are my 1st thoughts though and Conor heading back to 145.

Anyone know much about this weird Russian MMA event at the Hydro on Saturday night? Seems an absolutely mental choice of venue and I got an email earlier saying tickets are now half price. There's about 20 fights on the card and I think I've heard of four of the fighters. Any chance they'll be dishing out freebies on the night?