MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Karolina's an absolute wee doll and I think I love her but I just can't root against Joanna Champion. Love that little monster, so I do.

Conor's going to destroy Alvarez. He'll obviously go the wrestling route and I'm sure he'll have some success in nullifying the fight a little but Conor has a 5 inch reach on him and is a stupendously talented and powerful striker. I'd be absolutely stunned if Eddie made it to round 3, and I'm not underestimating him - I'm well aware of his excellent record.

Any fights flying under the radar that I'm missing tonight?

Love watching Smolka but I don't know much about his opponent to get interested in the fight itself. Interested in seeing Will Brooks' continued development in the UFC - can't remember being overly impressed by him against Pearson but Pearson's a decent enough fighter. Think the main event will last all of 3 minutes (either way) so I'm not really sure if I'm gonna f**k up my sleeping pattern and stay up for this one or not.

Any fights flying under the radar that I'm missing tonight?

Love watching Smolka but I don't know much about his opponent to get interested in the fight itself. Interested in seeing Will Brooks' continued development in the UFC - can't remember being overly impressed by him against Pearson but Pearson's a decent enough fighter. Think the main event will last all of 3 minutes (either way) so I'm not really sure if I'm gonna f**k up my sleeping pattern and stay up for this one or not.

I'm guessing you'll have seen Smolkas opponent before maybe without realising, he fought a guy with 1 leg!! Matt Betzold. Pretty ridiculous but he couldn't even finish him.

Dodson vs Lineker is a great fight, been looking forward to this 1 for a while.

ION Rob Whiteford just won a decision in the main event in Glasgow, pretty close wrestling match, certainly wasn't impressive.

Great fight but felt like Dodson was robbed with the decision. Lineker was certainly the aggressor, but thought Dodson controlled the pace of the fight and got in and out of the pocket to land and evade brilliantly. Looked like Lineker was even a bit shocked when they announced the decision. Brilliant entertainment though, crowd booing that was a disgrace. Enjoyed DC on commentary too.

I thought Dodson was doing more evading than anything else while Lineker was actually getting a fair bit of success from round two onwards. Thought four was the close one as Dodson got more aggressive, and also landed a fair few shots of his own. I'd say Lineker edged it but it was REALLY close either way. Split decision either way wouldn't have bothered me, but think it went the right way. It certainly wasn't a robbery.