MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Hell of a card this Bellator one to be fair eh? The two fights at the top of the card have their own interest but I actually think it's the best card Bellator have ever put on.

Larkin vs Lima is a belter of a fight. That James Gallacher has a lot of hype about him and is fighting Machida's brother. Aaron Pico has a hell of a lot of hype behind him as well. Phil Davis and Michael Chandler also making appearances.

By far the best card Bellator have ever put on. And I'm still a total Fedor fanboy so despite the fact he's probably gonna get mauled I'm very interested in seeing him fight again.

Basically pre-USADA Hendricks was the absolute business. Haven't seen such a rapid downward spiral in a while but here we are. Gets battered of big Tim and I'll think that'll be the end of his UFC career, cut or retirement.

4 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Basically pre-USADA Hendricks was the absolute business. Haven't seen such a rapid downward spiral in a while but here we are. Gets battered of big Tim and I'll think that'll be the end of his UFC career, cut or retirement.

Do you reckon he was on steroids then? I'm not sure. But, there are several fighters who just haven't looked the same since USADA came in. There's no denying it.

Do you reckon he was on steroids then? I'm not sure. But, there are several fighters who just haven't looked the same since USADA came in. There's no denying it.

As Mr Diaz says, they're all on it. From my few itk sources that statement is pretty accurate and USADA has just made it a touch more difficult.

All speculation regarding Hendricks but the timing does seem slightly coincidental.

I don't believe Hendricks was on it but nobody knows for certain, I just think people have a spell in their career when they peak, some when they're young, others in the usual 25-30 prime years and some late bloomer types. Maybe I'm just being naive but I just don't think guys like RDA, Aldo etc were on it. They're both still highly ranked, Hendricks just beat Lombard at 185 and RDA is 1 win from being in the mix for a 170 title shot.
It looks to me like Hendricks is just a bit stupid/couldn't care less, he talked about retiring a couple of fights ago.
USADA not allowing fighters IVs to rehydrate was what fucked RDA I think.

Not sure how much I'll see of Bellator tonight, going to try and stay up to see Gallagher, very tempted with a bet on Machida mainly because he's a mini Lyoto. Not seen enough of him to be certain though. Never been that impressed with Gallagher, he usually tries to get the fight to the ground but could struggle if Machida is anything like his brother. 2/1 Machida looks decent.
Going for Mitrione to win by tko/ko but not as confident as when they were scheduled to fight the last time, not sure why! Going to watch Fedor - Maldonado again!
Going for-
Bader split Dec
Lima tko late (I'm a massive fan of Larkin aswell)
Sonnen Unanimous Dec (Can't believe I'm picking him but I'm usually spot on with his fights, had tito by sub last time) I'm assuming it's 3 rounds. Chael to get the takedowns easily and Silva to be completely gassed by the start of round 2 is what I see.
Chandler (Never seen primus)
Pico

Here's a comparison pic of pre USADA Hendricks vs post USADA Hendricks. Either really gave up keeping super super jacked or stopped eating EPO for breakfast. I just find it hard to believe you can go from one punch ko'ing folks and arguably beating one of the all time greats then onto such a rapid decline.

In regards to fighter suffering most after USADA showing up I think Vitor takes the trophy. TRT Vitor was fucking insane.

92af72eb072b966446b2f6526df2cf5d.jpg

Eta unsure if the second pic was taken after the new weigh in system came into play. Obviously will look less shredded at post hydration weigh in so picture maybe deceptive.

9 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

I don't believe Hendricks was on it but nobody knows for certain, I just think people have a spell in their career when they peak, some when they're young, others in the usual 25-30 prime years and some late bloomer types. Maybe I'm just being naive but I just don't think guys like RDA, Aldo etc were on it. They're both still highly ranked, Hendricks just beat Lombard at 185 and RDA is 1 win from being in the mix for a 170 title shot.
It looks to me like Hendricks is just a bit stupid/couldn't care less, he talked about retiring a couple of fights ago.
USADA not allowing fighters IVs to rehydrate was what fucked RDA I think.

Not sure how much I'll see of Bellator tonight, going to try and stay up to see Gallagher, very tempted with a bet on Machida mainly because he's a mini Lyoto. Not seen enough of him to be certain though. Never been that impressed with Gallagher, he usually tries to get the fight to the ground but could struggle if Machida is anything like his brother. 2/1 Machida looks decent.
Going for Mitrione to win by tko/ko but not as confident as when they were scheduled to fight the last time, not sure why! Going to watch Fedor - Maldonado again!
Going for-
Bader split Dec
Lima tko late (I'm a massive fan of Larkin aswell)
Sonnen Unanimous Dec (Can't believe I'm picking him but I'm usually spot on with his fights, had tito by sub last time) I'm assuming it's 3 rounds. Chael to get the takedowns easily and Silva to be completely gassed by the start of round 2 is what I see.
Chandler (Never seen primus)
Pico

Agree with basically all of that man. I've only seen Gallacher fight once but I have to think a 40 year old vet like Machida will school him a bit. Reckon he might be over-hyped.

Mitrione looked way bigger than Fedor in the weigh in. Not that being the smaller fighter has ever really mattered to Fedor but I think at this stage it will play a big part.

Bader split decision I am on board with. Couldn't pick Larkin and Lima. And aye, I think Wanderlei will tire quite quickly and Chael will sneak the win. 

Think yer spot on there Fisherman, so you should probably bet against everything we've said!

6 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Don't think I've ever seen a hype train derail so fast before. 

I know he was 'caught' with the uppercut but he didn't really look the part aside from that eh? Odd, uncomfortable stance and just seemed outclassed by an average fighter.