MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Ok Sonnen smothers Silva to death, you'd think you might train some TD defense. 

Chael angling for a Fedor fight next. Aw come on tae f**k.

Tbf I'm still salty from being robbed of my proper Michael Chandler fix. 

They should probably be booking Mitrione vs Kongo for the Heavyweight title finally as that division needs some direction as they're all scrapping for nothing currently.

Agree with basically all of that man. I've only seen Gallacher fight once but I have to think a 40 year old vet like Machida will school him a bit. Reckon he might be over-hyped.
Mitrione looked way bigger than Fedor in the weigh in. Not that being the smaller fighter has ever really mattered to Fedor but I think at this stage it will play a big part.
Bader split decision I am on board with. Couldn't pick Larkin and Lima. And aye, I think Wanderlei will tire quite quickly and Chael will sneak the win. 
Think yer spot on there Fisherman, so you should probably bet against everything we've said!

Did ok with my bets, doubled my money basically. Just watched the fights this morning on YouTube with Russian commentators. Had no idea what was going on in the Chandler fight!
Had singles on Machida, Bader, Lima and Mitrione via ko plus an accumulator with all 4 which obviously Machida fucked.
Aaron Pico by the way.....lol.

UFC tonight aswell, main event should be good as both will hopefully have to keep it standing, I'm a Kevin Lee fan but Chiesa over 5 rounds is a tough one.

Some singles worth a punt as far as outsiders go....Miranda's maybe worth a pop at 5/2, he's a decent knockout artist and Vettori is relatively untested at  this level. And am I mad to be thinking about a punt on Guida at 12/5? Koch quite rightly favourite but Guida always seems to pull results out the bag he never seems to go on extended losing streaks and is currently on two loses. Just have a feeling he might  pull another one off.

Some singles worth a punt as far as outsiders go....Miranda's maybe worth a pop at 5/2, he's a decent knockout artist and Vettori is relatively untested at  this level. And am I mad to be thinking about a punt on Guida at 12/5? Koch quite rightly favourite but Guida always seems to pull results out the bag he never seems to go on extended losing streaks and is currently on two loses. Just have a feeling he might  pull another one off.

Guida is finished imo, he's in the Gomi, Fedor and Diego Sanchez bracket for me. I'll be picking Vettori aswell but probably no bet.

I'm struggling to find much with this card, Tim Means is hard to back after his last fight with cowboy where he got taken down and subbed easily. Garcia is a strong wrestler but gets tired so maybe worth a Means to win in the 2nd or 3rd.
Horcher looks a certainty but at 1/4 it's not really worth it, he's went from Khabib(arguably the best LW on the roster) to Powell (who I'd say is the worst)

Moroz might give Esparza some trouble but I'm not confident enough that she can stop the takedowns. It's always hard to fancy Boetsch but Hendricks missing weight has tempted me, he's clearly not interested anymore.

I'm probably going to go with Siver, Lee, Tony Martin, Kish and Koch. Nothing major though.

Not sure what I think of that, Yamasaki is an utter tool though, it was one of those where everyone was just waiting for the tap but you have to actually wait until he does ffs! Lee looked great as I expected though, i actually would give him the Khabib fight.

Tony Martin vs Case (fightpass) was the best fight of the card, but they went with 4 different bonus winners for some reason.

BJ winning a round was one of the highlights for me, he then gets 10-8'd in the next [emoji23]

Great bets Jamie [emoji122]
I ended up just over £2 up on this card, kish and Koch were terrible picks in hindsight. Stayed off Twitter/internet all day to avoid spoilers and the bloody wife sends me a link to the kish shitting herself story! Grrr

15 hours ago, gy diamond said:

214 looks the best card of the year by a distance, still time for plenty of pull outs though.

Ain't that the way? I've started to maintain a reserved hope about fights I'm looking forward to and not truly believing they're happening until both guys make weight.