MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

4 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Dillashaw is an entitled permabutthurt wee shite. A joy to watch in the cage but an absolute scrot outside of it. f**k him.

I don't disagree there, no doubt that DJ vs TJ would've been a better fight than DJ vs Borg though (and more likely to have gone ahead as planned).

I don't disagree there, no doubt that DJ vs TJ would've been a better fight than DJ vs Borg though (and more likely to have gone ahead as planned).

It would but I can see exactly why he won't have wanted it. Puts record at risk and doubtful TJ can make that weigh considering how drained he is for bw fights.

DJ is in this weird place where he arguably needs to fight the guys a division up to make better dollah but part of his marketability is his untouchable status at flyweight.

Anyone watching the Ultimate Fighter?

In the main it's been pretty shit for a number of years and this series doesn't look like that's going to change. Apart from maybe 2 or 3 fighters I wouldn't be disappointed if they completely scrapped the women's divisions.

5 hours ago, KillieCon said:

Anyone watching the Ultimate Fighter?

In the main it's been pretty shit for a number of years and this series doesn't look like that's going to change. Apart from maybe 2 or 3 fighters I wouldn't be disappointed if they completely scrapped the women's divisions.

Still always watch it, enjoy the format but like you say it's been nothing exciting for a while. Entirely depends on the chemistry of the coaches fighting, Dillashaw-Garbrandt was always on edge for example, whereas the Alvarez and Gaethje rivalry looks like it'll be fairly mundane. 

Quite liked the gym vs gym one they done recently with ATT and Blackzillians, maybe that's the way to go in future?

Like almost anything else in the UFC just now, they just stopped hyping the ultimate fighter once McGregor had been through it.

The lack of promotion for tonight's event is ridiculous, and I assume it's because White is such a spiteful piece of shite that after DJ lifted the lid on what a cock he was being to him that he decided to 'teach him a lesson' and hope it would fail. Hope DJ sticks to his guns, goes through whoever he fights next and breaks the record. I honestly find it Absolutely disgusting that any professional fighter should be forced to move divisions or fight people that evidently aren't going to make weight (Dillishaw) to be properly paid/appreciated/promoted, especially one that may be the p4p best at his sport. Boxing has a lot of flaws, but at least it's not at the whims of one utter bellend!

Hope that ref in the Tucker - Glenn fight is never allowed to referee again. Incredibly irresponsible and he totally failed Tucker, endangering his well being. Utter lunacy that a judge could see that as a 29-27 - truly laughable.

Melendez's leg was nasty, certainly looked like something may have been broken. Quite admirable that he saw the fight through. The ref in that fight was rather poor too, I thought; looked like he wasn't used to refereeing MMA, almost jumping in whenever Melendez went to the ground.

Hope that ref in the Tucker - Glenn fight is never allowed to referee again. Incredibly irresponsible and he totally failed Tucker, endangering his well being. Utter lunacy that a judge could see that as a 29-27 - truly laughable.
Melendez's leg was nasty, certainly looked like something may have been broken. Quite admirable that he saw the fight through. The ref in that fight was rather poor too, I thought; looked like he wasn't used to refereeing MMA, almost jumping in whenever Melendez went to the ground.

Melendez's wife has said nout is broken. Next day shots though are rough.

4feb7cd597b87f9b8d882e1565a27f94.jpg

8 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

No the sure I'd pull up the Melendez ref for that tbf, every time he went down under a leg kick I was half expecting him to wind up a below-the-knee amputee. Sure the ref was similarly concerned.

McGregor - Diaz III has been confirmed for 219, Lightweight title fight. Pretty disappointed with that, too big a weight cut for Diaz to make now I think, imagine it'll be a fairly straight forward defence for McGregor, might even stop him at that weight.