MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Wouldn't be a UFC PPV without someone getting flagged by USADA eh?

Btw... for anyone who likes a punt... Joanna Champ has a 37-3 record in Muay Thai with all 3 losses coming to Valentina Shevchenko - who has been training with Rose Namajunas. Even with that, I still favour Joanna slightly, but I truly believe Rose is way overpriced. 

Wouldn't be a UFC PPV without someone getting flagged by USADA eh?
Btw... for anyone who likes a punt... Joanna Champ has a 37-3 record in Muay Thai with all 3 losses coming to Valentina Shevchenko - who has been training with Rose Namajunas. Even with that, I still favour Joanna slightly, but I truly believe Rose is way overpriced. 

I wouldn't take anything from that. Muay Thai scoring and Muay Thai for MMA are very different.

What are the main differences?

Do you also just ignore, say... Daniel Cormier's wrestling achievements in the Olympics because wrestling in MMA is different?

Joanna is basically a Muay Thai fighter with take down defence. 

I used the word 'punt' specifically. Rose is correctly the dog in the fight but I personally believe she's nowhere near the long shot that her price suggests.

So looking forward to this tonight. Booze in, snacks in, and weed arriving very shortly. Can't wait. 

For anyone looking for a stream for this I'd advise googling "reddit MMA streams" and then enjoy the fights!

I like James Vick as an underdog against Duffy also. Vick is 7-1 in the UFC and no joke. 

11 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Missed the early prelims, what's worth checking later? 

Small flutters on each fight tonight to try and keep my eyes open better. Starting with a fiver on a Randy Brown win in the first fight. 

I like Mickey Gall here but it's not looking so great atm so you might be on to a winner.

For anyone who needs a stream - Google 'MMA reddit streams' and download Aceplayer and you're golden.

Missed the early prelims, what's worth checking later? 
Small flutters on each fight tonight to try and keep my eyes open better. Starting with a fiver on a Randy Brown win in the first fight. 

Both fights are well worth watching for different reasons.

Never seen that 3rd round coming from Brown after how knackered he looked in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Was a bit disappointed actually, he had nothing off his back against a guy who isn't renknowed for ground at all. 

I thought he was threatening the entire time. Fair enough Brown got a deserved win but Gall is no joke on his back/in guard.

Good fucking fight. Congrats on the win!

Going against the grain here again but I like Anderson in this one.

My only bet is the 53/1 shot I mentioned earlier in the thread so take that for what it's worth.

Fucking love good fighting like this. Could honestly live without football but high quality MMA is the fucking shit.