MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I said to the wife that Connor didn’t look confident during his ringwalk. Don’t know if anyone else noticed

I've never seen either man so nervous and jittery in the walk and cage.

There's something going on in Conor's head though, he's been off the charts chaotic/distracted. Maybe being sorted for money, the glam of the Mayweather fight, being a father, the NYC bus stuff, ring-rust. This might've been a great result for him to get him focussed.

It was clear that he managed to contain his rage until the fights end, then absolutely lost it. Maybe that McGregor got up & walked back to his corner, as if nothing had happened, sent him into a complete #headsgone moment.:lol::lol::lol:

I read a little bit from Dan Hardy on the BBC website that explained a possible reason for this which was.....

Don't follow MMA at all, seen an "expert" saying Khabib was so fired up for this match that the one sided nature of the win "wasn't enough" of a victory as he was so desperate to smash McGregor, that anything was going to trigger him even further in the immediate aftermath. 

Which I kind of understand. To put it into a fashion that most of us will understand if you are having a heated argument with your partner and eventually she goes “you’re right” then that’s not always enough to satisfy you. Certainly for me I’d be more likely to start going over whatever the thing was that had annoyed me again.

All the hate for khabib and his team, if you watch it back it was McGregor who hit his uncle first.

McGregor got Khabibs uncle before Khabib jumped the fence? Is Herb Dean his uncle?

Who throws the first punch inside the ring after the fight?

Lol who cares f**k sake would mcgregor have thrown the first punch inside the octagon if khabib didn’t launch the first drop kick outside the octagon after the fight.

The guy in the red of khabibs team is a fucking pussy for coming up behind mcgregor to land a few before doing a runner.

Khabib was in the wrong just as much as mcgregor was with the bus incident.

Mcgregor lost millions now so will khabib

Hopefully khabib isn’t banned from fighting in America again and it’s just his team that got involved.

One of the guys who jumped McGregor posted a video boasting about it. He was a UFC fighter before posting that. I'd imagine that isn't the case anymore.

If he is in Connors weight division maybe that could be the next fight?

Khabib lost it because of something Dillon Danis said to him. Rogan and co. explained this at the time. If Khabib was that raging with McGregor and didn't care about the consequences then he wouldn't have let go of the choke/neck crank. Simple as that.
I'm sure more will come out as the week progresses.
As somewhat of an aside, I loved Khabib's post fight press conference. Apologised, summed things up very well and explained how his father was going to 'smash' him for his behaviour. 

Obviously he was a lot closer to the fight than I was and knows 100000x more about the sport and the guys involved than me but I thought Rogan’s comments immediately afterwards were some of the most Khabib-fanboy remarks I’ve heard in the last 18 or so hours.

He's an unashamed Conor fanboy usually so that surprises me.

Oh I didn’t know that. Maybe he was looking to be seen as fair (or maybe just giving his honest opinion I suppose).

I think the thing that a lot of people are missing on this, including Khabib, is that you can criticize one party without looking at the actions of the other. Khabibs comments today about “why are you talking about me climbing over the cage, look at what he’s done” smack of OF levels of whataboutery.

In terms of the actual fight I agree that McGregor looked a bit off in the walk-in etc and it’s obvious that Khabib is a far more accomplished fighter than McGregor is.

7 hours ago, banana said:

Extended concourse brawl footage!

Tho Oirish got rekt by about ten thic thugs, shocking performance. That w****r in the cream shirt, ooft.

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

The Irish boy that got KO'd spat at the Russians. Serves him right.

The wee bald Russian in the suit jacket has a look you wouldn't mess with.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Cream shirt w****r, having done that wee daft dance and spat at folk, got KOd at precisely the correct time so kudos to the guy that did it. Rarely do these things get the ending they deserve

So so glad that guy got sparked out, durty b*****d.

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

As for the main event, I've never been so happy for one fighter to beat another, especially in that dominant a manner. Would have been perfect if Khabib had just kept his emotions in check and not let himself down, but that's easy for me to say. Would love to know what Dillon Danis said to him to make him react in that matter. Danis is a fucking bellend but I can't excuse the reaction. As for Khabib's team mates, that is unacceptable and they will never fight in the UFC again, and deservedly so.

I realise I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I hope this is the beginning of the end of McGregor in the UFC. He's a good to great fighter, but I find the surrounding circus around him cringe worthy and at times, unpleasant. I blame the UFC for a lot of it, encouraging his behaviour. I understand it from a business point of view, but it's not for me. I like fights and fighters. Technique and skill. Heart and determination. Overcoming adversity. Not WWE style promotions and talk of terrorists, racism, religion and 'beef'. And whiskey. Fucking whiskey.

YES YES & FUCKING YES

Joey Diaz said it best:
'The UFC created this situation and let this behaviour grow, now they have to deal with it..... '

Agree 100% with this. McGregor got what he deserved both during and after the fight (although the boy in the red is a shitebag for how he went about it) and Connor/Dana/UFC only have themselves to blame.

I’m sure though that White and the UFC will be privately ok with some aspects of the fallout from this as it’ll no doubt push some extra bits from casual fans for the next few bigger shows. I’m not saying they’ll be happy with it but I’m sure when they are discussing how to stop it happening again there will be some kind of element, maybe even unspoken, of the controversy being good for them.

Yes I agree with all of that. I actually thought McGregor had got under Khabib’s skin a bit and I’m sure it was a ploy from him to try and do that as well as sell the fight but, whilst he did get to Khabib, clearly not in the way McGregor wanted.

The thing with McGregor is, like him or not, if there is a rematch then he’ll sit on the stage laughing again talking about knocking Khabib out all over again. That’s just what he does regardless of how stupid it makes him look.

I doubt there will ever be a rematch but if there was I genuinely believe someone could be killed as a result of all this. I actually still think there could be some kind of incident/repercussion to all of this between the two camps (or gangs might actually be a better word). If anyone of the two of them has any sense at all they will get on the phone or something to the other one and try to put it all to bed.

27 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Agree 100% with this. McGregor got what he deserved both during and after the fight (although the boy in the red is a shitebag for how he went about it) and Connor/Dana/UFC only have themselves to blame.

I’m sure though that White and the UFC will be privately ok with some aspects of the fallout from this as it’ll no doubt push some extra bits from casual fans for the next few bigger shows. I’m not saying they’ll be happy with it but I’m sure when they are discussing how to stop it happening again there will be some kind of element, maybe even unspoken, of the controversy being good for them.

Agreed. I generally like Conor but some of the build-up was way OTT. Putting a whiskey in front of Khabib and calling him a "backwards c**t" for refusing it, ffs. Danis was on Ariel's show giving it cringy "they aint about that" chat about Khabib's team for not getting off the bus. Seem like everyone who took a dig deserved it.

These dafties can slap each other about all they want for all I care but looking at the scenes around the arena, that is where their actions become a problem. I'm all for a bit of exuberance on occasion but this could've instigated something really bad happening.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Dana tweeted today that of the two guys who jumped in (one being a UFC fighter) that neither will ever fight in the UFC.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Unless it generates a shit tonne of money

Different promotion obviously but aye, different rules for poster boys of the sport no mark hype men.