MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Jacare-Okami is booked for a Fox Sports event in Brazil :(

I think Jacare should take that one, but Okami is a really tough match up for anyone, and when he beats guys he makes them look like shit. Lombard is one of my favourites and Okami did it to him, hopefully the same doesn't happen to Jacare who is another guy I really like. Okami is so tough to take down though which worries me, I think it could turn into a clinch type fight against the fence for 15 minutes or a mediocre kickboxing match.

It's a decent card indeed. I'm looking forward to it as well. Weidman is being hyped as a real contender for Silva. I don't really buy him as good enough, but I hope I'm wrong. A title change would be amazing.

Less than a week out and I've only just started looking forward to this. There's a hell of a buzz about Weidman and I can see why to an extent - undefeated, wrestling is probably the weakest area of Anderson's game, incredible improvement every time he fights and the lay off adds an air of mystery to some extent. I'm not buying it though, Weidman is excellent and will probably be a champion when Anderson retires, but I think this is a step too far for him. Anderson is just too good. Silva by strikes early for me in that one.

Swanson-Siver is a potential FOTY candidate for me, both have looked like beasts over the last 12 months and this just looks a great fight. Munoz-Boetsch appeals to me for some reason, might not end up being the flashiest fight in UFC history but they are well matched and it will be interesting to see two very, very powerful stocky guys battling it out. Frankie Edgar is obviously great value too in the co-main.

The fight I'm most interested in for Silva is Jacare. If it went to the ground I'd fancy Jacare to catch Anderson in a submission. Whether he could get close enough to get his hands on him is another matter. That's the main reason I'm so pissed off that Jacare is booked to face Okami next.

Silva will need to hit him early, and he will. Because he's far too good for Weidman, or anyone else for that matter.

I still reckon if he ever fought Jones he would get smashed.