MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I'm still of the opinion that, if offered the fight with GSP, MacDonald would take it. Without being offered the fight he's not going to say yes.

That performance last night though doesn't make me want to see him anywhere near a title fight.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Just caught up with last weekend's main card, I thought it was decent enough without being spectacular with the exception of the awful co-main. Mighty Mouse is quality, I don't get the dislike for the flyweight fights. The five rounds flew in for me there. Tough to judge how good Moraga is but Johnson made him look very inferior. Lawlor looked fucking awesome although the quality of opposition maybe wasn't what it should have been. Carmouche-Andrade was really enjoyable for all the time it lasted. Liz Carmouche is a really easy person to like.

Rory MacDonald on the other hand, is a bell. Usually though he's class to watch. I'd stick most of the blame with Ellenberger though, why should MacDonald do anything different when he's clearly winning. Was Ellenberger injured or something? I haven't read any post-event reaction or seen the press conference etc but he didn't seem himself. Dreadful performance from him. As for MacDonald, I'd stick him with Lawlor or Diaz next.

The Bellator card tomorrow looks stacked from top to bottom - two title fights and two tournament finals! Plus a Pitbull fight, Will Brooks and Rodrigo Lima on there, all of whom are excellent to watch. Bubba Jenkins on the prelims is also a very intriguing prospect. Set your Sky planners for Viva on Friday night and make sure you catch this one.

I'll say:

Chandler beats Rickels pretty handily - Rickels is a guy who battles through the tournaments but will come up short against any real quality. Chandler will be the best LW in the world in a year or two's time if he isn't there already and has it all, I love watching the guy.

Askren-Koreshkov is very interesting. Askren has looked unstoppable so far, and despite being boring he looked like a beast in an exiciting last fight. Koreshkov is also undefeated and is 5-0 in Bellator. Could be the toughest test Askren's had yet. I'll pick Askren by decision but Koreshkov is a very live opponent for him.

King Mo will destroy Jacob Noe, probably first round KO. I've seen Noe enough to know he's not a threat.

Minakov will blast Martinez early in the HW final as well. Minakov looks like a potential champion. Martinez has power though so not outwith the realms of possibility he could catch him.

Tito Ortiz has come out of retirement and joined Bellator where he will fight Rampage Jackson on 2nd of November

Hope he gets repeatedly punched in the face until his eyes explode. Utter whammer of a man.

That MacDonald v Ellenberger is the most disappointing fight I've ever seen. Absolute trash, the kind of which you expect to see in your fair share of boxing bouts but rarely in an MMA fight. Agree with Marshmallo above, though Rory was uber-safe, Ellenberger looked... scared? Injured? Who knows, just a complete disgrace of a fight.

Mighty Mouse looked great again, though I was impressed with Moraga's toughness and composure. He'll be back.

Carmouche is class in and out the ring, very impressive. The trailer for TUF makes Rousey look even more of an absolute witch... hard to know how much of it is staged or artificially provoked. Tate looked bewildered.