Sons' sorrow

I know all the stuff about 8th been our target and accept that and delights were still in league But

Listened to stevie on radio and it was all about all the effort going into Saturday so we were weary etc . Doesn't take into account this awful run of away form .

Lot of thought of who we bring in to look to turn this around a bit. Don't think we would get away with it again

Saturday's joy and relief at surviving does paper the cracks a bit.

Anyway on the subject of potential signings again. Remember Andy Ryan who we were linked with in January? He's got 9 goals in 15 games for a rancid Forfar Athletic team who've just been relegated. Surely got to be worth a punt. 

Anyway on the subject of potential signings again. Remember Andy Ryan who we were linked with in January? He's got 9 goals in 15 games for a rancid Forfar Athletic team who've just been relegated. Surely got to be worth a punt. 

Iain Russell

Grant Anderson

Greig Spence

Scott Agnew

Dean Brett

Ryan Conroy

Andrew Ryan

Nicholas Devlin

Ryan McCord

James Goodwin

David McGurn

Andrew Murdoch

^^^Stevie Aitken's leaked transfer target list.

Iain Russell

Grant Anderson

Greig Spence

Scott Agnew

Dean Brett

Ryan Conroy

Andrew Ryan

Nicholas Devlin

Ryan McCord

James Goodwin

David McGurn

Andrew Murdoch

^^^Stevie Aitken's leaked transfer target list.

Think you've got Stevie Aitken's list confused with my Football Manager signings. 

I'd love us to bring in Goodwin by the way, him and Frazer Wright would boot and banter us to Championship safety next season.

Think you've got Stevie Aitken's list confused with my Football Manager signings. 

I'd love us to bring in Goodwin by the way, him and Frazer Wright would boot and banter us to Championship safety next season.

Whilst running out of puff after 15 minutes and conceding 15 goals per game as they're beaten for pace by the opposition tea lady. With her tea trolley.

Whilst running out of puff after 15 minutes and conceding 15 goals per game as they're beaten for pace by the opposition tea lady. With her tea trolley.

The tea lady would have stud marks up her leg though, and she wouldn't be winning anything in the air.

The tea lady would have stud marks up her leg though, and she wouldn't be winning anything in the air.

:lol:

Used to enjoy the games between Killie and St Mirren before they went down, not for the fitba, which was dire, but for the battle between Goodwin and Pascali. Both angry, tough as nails, slow as f**k and guaranteed at least a booking a game.

:lol:

Used to enjoy the games between Killie and St Mirren before they went down, not for the fitba, which was dire, but for the battle between Goodwin and Pascali. Both angry, tough as nails, slow as f**k and guaranteed at least a booking a game.

That's what Scottish football needs. I did enjoy Frazer Wright and David Clarkson both 'sprinting' for a ball that rolled out of play on Saturday. I mean I could have jogged down from the stand and caught it but they couldn't out 'sprint' each other  :lol:

Edit: Ross Clark, aye. I spoke to him on Twitter a few years ago and he said he'd retired. What a player, 14 goals from a deep lying midfield role.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

That's what Scottish football needs. I did enjoy Frazer Wright and David Clarkson both 'sprinting' for a ball that rolled out of play on Saturday. I mean I could have jogged down from the stand and caught it but they couldn't out 'sprint' each other  :lol:

I watched Yoker a few times this season and they've got a left midfielder who must be about 38. Baldy heid with a wee bit left round the back and at full sprint he reaches about half my walking speed. Hilarious to see. They play a left back behind him who's probably their most talented and quickest player. It's madness.

Mark Docherty, Mark Gilhaney, Scott Agnew Jim Lister, Jamie Ewings and Ross Clark were/are all pretty excellent.

I tend to agree with both you and Cedrick. Yes the players above were good for us, but in the current Alloa squad you'd be lucky to find 1 decent player I reckon. Cawley was one of their best mind... on the other hand Sparky was a decent player but wasn't rated as one of their best - yet he has been a pretty important player for us this season. Out of the 2 I know who I'd keep and who I really hope we don't.

Yip sparky has been decent enough. Other all from a few years ago.

I made point about Cawley earlier in season about him not really knowing how to win . Also McCord who was good been disapointment at raith

Edited by cedrick1

I certainly wouldn't be against signing a player from Alloa on principle, that would be madness IMO.

Signing the right player from Alloa, or wherever, remains issue, one that I think got the better of Stevie this year.

I reckon Stevie will have learned a lot from this season though, and I'd like to think he has targets lined up already and maybe even irons in the fire to enable us to get a few onboard before players head off on their summer breaks.