Sons' sorrow

rumours in paisley that nade is signing for the buds.

You'll need a custom built strip, kinda like a super hero costume to fit.

Not sure if this is mischief or genuine but he is enjoying his best goals return of his career playing pt and he ain't getting any younger, seems to me pt suits him.

Can Ayr still come up? Falkirk up and Killie down would see

Ayr v Killie

Morton v St Mirren

Dunfermline v Raith

Dundee Utd v Hibs

Sons v QotS?

Aye, Ayr could win the playoffs although I don't think they're strong enough.

Was thinking QOTS myself. Can't beat a derby day atmosphere against our near neighbours from...erm...Dumfries.

Hopefully Albion Rovers make the playoffs and come up to join the fun, that would be a decent part-time derby.

Can people please stop mentioning Beanie I'm getting too excited at the thought of him back in a Sons strip and it'll never happen.

If we sign Iain Russell I will go to the top of the castle and shout his name bollock naked.

And you can quote that.

To quote him from a newspaper article a while back: "The only things I won't try and alcohol and men"

And yes, that is a genuine quote.

Moonster will be heartbroken, that's his two favourite things.

A bottle of MD and Nade's BBC.  What a night that would be.

When I read Frank McKeown was getting released the first club I thought of was yourselves. Played under Ginge at Stranraer and was also his captain. He didn't play a game for us all season, he was meant to be back full training by February but the injury must've not fully healed by then. It's a shame for the guy it didn't work out as he waited quite a while to go FT then he gets the chance and his knee goes to tatters before kicking a ball.

When I read Frank McKeown was getting released the first club I thought of was yourselves. Played under Ginge at Stranraer and was also his captain. He didn't play a game for us all season, he was meant to be back full training by February but the injury must've not fully healed by then. It's a shame for the guy it didn't work out as he waited quite a while to go FT then he gets the chance and his knee goes to tatters before kicking a ball.

I'd imagine if Barr moves on then he'll be brought in as his direct replacement.

We do like an injury prone, ageing centre-half.

Ball retention is Cawley's biggest issue. His pass success rate must be shocking.

He's a player I want to like (as is Gallagher) but both of them have looked out their depth this season.

I reckon both Cawley and Gall are about the same level performance wise. Except Gall really seems to try so much harder but doesn't have the skill/talent. Cawley clearly has something but possibly he just hasn't settled.

My point about Cawley earlier in season and not in every game before anyone gets excited

I see him as someone even when he plays well doesn't do anything to win the game. Not a great defender and can't recall too many match winning things .

To me a bit of a disapointment

Having said all that and that's my view I know he has good level of assists

I haven't personally, but my lecturer at Uni did and was full of praise for them. He's just moved over here from the US and it's persuaded him to adopt us as his Scottish team! Reverse sponsorship if you will.

Typical fucking idiot from over the pond 😜

My point about Cawley earlier in season and not in every game before anyone gets excited

I see him as someone even when he plays well doesn't do anything to win the game. Not a great defender and can't recall too many match winning things .

To me a bit of a disapointment

Having said all that and that's my view I know he has good level of assists

I think we all expected a bit more from Cawley in terms of goals and general play and it's true to say that he's not popped up with too many pieces of brilliance to win us a game, however we played him out on the right wing for the majority of the season which is a position I don't think he had played at all in his 4 years at Alloa.  Trying to adapt to that along with a new squad of players (the team had Alloa was fairly settled in their rise up the leagues) clearly had an effect.  Having said that, his goal against Hibs (and indeed any of his goals against us in the past) shows that he is capable at this level.  Improvement to be made I agree, but I'd like to hold onto him next year and play him behind the striker (Nade/Fleming/New signing) consistently to see what he can do.