Sons' sorrow

I wouldn't be over fussed if sparky left, slow, caught out of position too often, but has a cracking delivery,

Taggart will leave if Saunders stays, and I prefer Saunders, solid defender.

Mikey, seen nothing to deserve a new contract.

Routledge, presumably away, gives nothing going forward, but if not Lindsay, then yeah, keep him.

Walsh, rotten. Don't believe the hype.

Cawley probably worth another crack, he's better than we've seen I think.

Gallagher may improve now he has a year under his belt, gives defense respite when under the cosh carrying it forward,

Sometimes I think you're just at the wind up...

Sean Kelly, released by St Mirren, has apparently fallen out of love with the game (according to their thread) and wants to take a step back.  Do we reckon a step back to part-time could be just what he needs?  Only 22 and clearly had decent potential, even if he's not had a great year.

I thoroughly enjoy linking every player and his dug to us during the close season so expect much more of this.

Out of all the players we released I would only have kept Kelly. He is a good centre half or a left sided midfielder but we played him at left back. He had a decent full season in the Premiership and a poor one (like everyone else in the relegation year). This year Murray played him again at left back but he overlaps so much that his defensive duties are ignored. Rae brought in Irvine at Xmas as the left back and Kelly only started one other game that I remember as a centre half and played a blinder and never started a game again. Good signing for someone in the Championship I reckon. Take him before you even think of Agnew who is a headless chicken.

Out of all the players we released I would only have kept Kelly. He is a good centre half or a left sided midfielder but we played him at left back. He had a decent full season in the Premiership and a poor one (like everyone else in the relegation year). This year Murray played him again at left back but he overlaps so much that his defensive duties are ignored. Rae brought in Irvine at Xmas as the left back and Kelly only started one other game that I remember as a centre half and played a blinder and never started a game again. Good signing for someone in the Championship I reckon. Take him before you even think of Agnew who is a headless chicken.

Regarding headless chickens, I'll take your Agnew and raise you Grant Gallagher. Sounds like Kelly has a bit to offer, would be a shame if he drifted out the game.

We know full well what Aggie is capable of. I'd be happy with both Kelly and Agnew as signings this summer.

I wouldn't be over fussed if sparky left, slow, caught out of position too often, but has a cracking delivery,

Taggart will leave if Saunders stays, and I prefer Saunders, solid defender.

Mikey, seen nothing to deserve a new contract.

Routledge, presumably away, gives nothing going forward, but if not Lindsay, then yeah, keep him.

Walsh, rotten. Don't believe the hype.

Cawley probably worth another crack, he's better than we've seen I think.

Gallagher may improve now he has a year under his belt, gives defense respite when under the cosh carrying it forward,

What you smoking boy??

Walsh got dropped after some indifferent displays, then came back into the Team near the end of the season & performed well imo, contributing with a peach of a strike.

He's not good enough for Rangers tbh, I'd have him back next season if possible.

Cawley's not good enough.

Gallagher won't improve.

Scott Taggart, Kevin Cawley, Mikey Hopkins, Jordan Kirkpatrick, Paul Heffernan all away. 

I'd have kept Taggart, and I'm pretty gutted he's away to be honest, less so the others.

Chronic lack of Gallagher on that list as well...

Any of these brers worth taking a punt on at the fag end of League 1?

Taggart would easily be one of the best right-backs in the league, but I'd imagine he'll get another Championship club. No idea about Hopkins, Heffernan looks pretty finished, but might score a few goals at that level with his clever movement.

You'll know yourself what Cawley is like, he'd be a decent signing for League 1, just don't stick him on the wing.

Take Grant Gallagher as well please. You know you want to.

Edit: Oh aye and Kirky too. Clever player, just not the fittest or hardest working. He'd do a job as a creative midfielder though. A sort of League One Scott Agnew if you will.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

What targets from L1 and L2 could be potentially good? Always liked the look of Craig Malcolm....any good this year?

Not many.

Gregor Buchanan's been the only one to 'step up' for us, at any rate.

The Championship's very tough & I think Stevie Aitken realises this now. When he took over he signed too many lower League players who flopped.

We need signings who've played at Championship level or above, and whether on loan or permanent signing.

(Unless of course Nathan Austin's spare 😀 He's the only lower League player I've seen who looks a cut above)

Grant Gallagher was one of the best midfielders in League 1 last season, I'd happily take him at the Warriors. Sorry to see it hasn't really worked out for him at the Rock and he's perpetually bodied by supporters on here.

As I rate your player judgement I'll find out, what sort of midfielder was he?

As far as I (through my agenda tinted goggles) can view it he runs about a lot, usually in the wrong areas getting in the way, losing possession, winning nothing in the air and occasionally going in on mental tackles that could well be deserving of a red card.

Some after thoughts on the deals... No mention of Mark Brown's situation, can't believe he will be happy to sit on the bench and Routledge can't have signed a pretty contract elsewhere if offered.