Sons' sorrow

Would like to see Aitken take a chance on Keiran Gibbons who was released by Livingston....local lad who was highly rated as a teenager and may be within

budget...a cousin of the McGinn brothers!

A central defensive midfielder is the last thing we need, never mind a central defensive midfielder who couldn't get in the team relegated from our league, and then in the team relegated from the league below.

I see on the Official Site that we're looking for helpers on match days.

Applicants must be 15 years old.

Baffling - what work do they do that requires them to be 15? Or could it be a mis-type?

Should've added in that they need to be able to count. Number of times they've tried to over or undercharge me or shortchange me is astounding!!

I'm not sure Nade would be out of your price range if we can afford him. It seems he's leaving us as he wants to go back full-time as opposed to cash but that could just be paper talk.

Dunno if true but heard from a boy in now defunct u20s first team that Nade was on £1600 a game

Edited by holsten

Seems reasonable and worth it in hindsight.

So8, if not that then what?

£1600 p/w week will have been more than double what he was on at Hamilton. There's not a chance he'd have been on anywhere near that.

I heard last year that one of our players was on £500 p/w basic, with £50 win/goal/assist bonus and that he was one of the highest. £1600 p/w would be more than the average at every single Premiership club, bar Celtic/Dundee United/Dundee and Hearts.

He may have been on a package where (for example Alloa) his basic wage + win bonus + goal bonus (x3) would've been a decent amount, but certainly not £1600.

Would £800 p/w really be that surprising balanced against trying to survive in the league. Would it even add up to £15,000?

None of the players deserve that, there's full time players on as little as 300 quid a week.

I am friendly with a few boys at Morton/ Alloa who in turn are friendly with boys here at The Sons. I messaged them about £1600 for Nade. They just laughed and asked for our club secretary's number.

You still on your holidays?