Sons' sorrow

I haven't seen us in pre-season yet, but by all accounts Rab Tatar was pretty impressive so it's surprising to read that Stevie's opted not to offer him terms.

It's pleasing on one hand to read that Stevie is obviously being quite particular in regards who he brings in, having been stung with the likes of Miller, Smith and Craig to name a few last season. But that obviously does mean that as it stands, we have a very thin squad. So to that end, I don't have an issue at all with us utilising the loan market to bolster the squad a bit. Hopefully another Chris Kane incoming...

Could be a number of reasons I suppose.

For a start he's not from here so I imagine accommodation would beed to be arranged. That wont come cheap and I'm not sure he could sustain a decent standard of living on a part-time Dumbarton wage without the club covering some of the costs.

It could also be that Barr's injury will potentially keep him out for a while so perhaps those funds now need to be utilised bringing in defensive cover.

He looked decent enough in a couple of friendlies but it's quite hard to judge. Perhaps Stevie wasn't overly keen on what he saw of him in training compared to the other guys.

Anybodys guess I suppose.

Don't know if he is single but if he is, Cameron House is a club sponsor.

22 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

They done work on their cow shed with some of that money. We'll see how their season goes and where they are when they fail to get promoted again.

Callum -Ayr outplayed you lot in 4 games last season, playing Hoofball  you rode your luck, won't get away with that this year, get ready for freefall.

1 minute ago, thomas 62 said:

Callum -Ayr outplayed you lot in 4 games last season, playing Hoofball  you rode your luck, won't get away with that this year, get ready for freefall.

Do you need me to walk you back to the league 1 forum that you just escaped from? 

56 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

We were the better team over 36 league games and managed to dispose of you over 2 legs without getting out of first gear. 

On 21/04/2016 at 9:46 PM, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

We were the better team over 36 league games and managed to dispose of you over 2 legs without getting out of first gear. 

When I said we outplayed you in 4 games I was quoting your manager. We played the Sons the other night, the big difference between you and them is they play football on the ground, but for the last 3 seasons Hoofball has been Ayr's main tactics. read you own old forums most of your fans agree with this. No reply please this is a Sons forum.

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Could be a number of reasons I suppose.

For a start he's not from here so I imagine accommodation would beed to be arranged. That wont come cheap and I'm not sure he could sustain a decent standard of living on a part-time Dumbarton wage without the club covering some of the costs.

It could also be that Barr's injury will potentially keep him out for a while so perhaps those funds now need to be utilised bringing in defensive cover.

He looked decent enough in a couple of friendlies but it's quite hard to judge. Perhaps Stevie wasn't overly keen on what he saw of him in training compared to the other guys.

Anybodys guess I suppose.

Reported for racism.

8 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

You do realise this is a Dumbarton thread? Your obsession knows no bounds. Away and play in the traffic in the league 1 forum leave the adults to discuss the big footballing matters.

Looks like an older player but dont recognize him....we really do need more meat on the bones.....barr could be out for a while...wright is getting (too) old and we have a squad of 15!!Directors may need to dig deep ..i reckon another 3 players will be required MINIMUM.