Sons' sorrow

Just now, The Moonster said:

I always like these mystic posts. Where's this come from?

If you believe the rumuors, fella, DFC will have about a matchday 16 and f**k all else this season. Getting a sneaking suspicion that there's a spot in next season's League One with our name on it. Not that I think the starting XI is poor mind, but so few numbers means we'll lose points when tiredness, loss of form, suspensions, injuries, outside obligations kick in.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

If you believe the rumuors, fella, DFC will have about a matchday 16 and f**k all else this season. Getting a sneaking suspicion that there's a spot in next season's League One with our name on it. Not that I think the starting XI is poor mind, but so few numbers means we'll lose points when tiredness, loss of form, suspensions, injuries, outside obligations kick in.

I agree, we're favourites to go down and we'll struggle when injuries come into it but I was just wondering where the stuff about Todd not being considered came from. If it's purely a compensation issue then I'm not sure why we bothered getting him in to look at him.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I agree, we're favourites to go down and we'll struggle when injuries come into it but I was just wondering where the stuff about Todd not being considered came from. If it's purely a compensation issue then I'm not sure why we bothered getting him in to look at him.

Probably just to make up numbers on a thin squad, Aitken said in the Reporter the other day he might get one or two trialists in for the Well game just to fill the bench. No great mystery.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Probably just to make up numbers on a thin squad, Aitken said in the Reporter the other day he might get one or two trialists in for the Well game just to fill the bench. No great mystery.

He also said in his interview after the match that we had Josh in to have a look at him and we'll see what happens. Not overly arsed as I never expected us to sign him but something must've changed since the weekend if we're no longer considering him.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He also said in his interview after the match that we had Josh in to have a look at him and we'll see what happens. Not overly arsed as I never expected us to sign him but something must've changed since the weekend if we're no longer considering him.

If the compensation issue has been an open secret since the start of the summer then I assume we were never really in the running to sign him.

The Todd signing was always extremely unlikely, with the budget already tight there's no way we'd be shelling out for a player and, if we were, I wouldn't want it to be somebody who is untried at this level. Nae point taking silly financial risks and I'm glad we aren't.

Anyway, time to start throwing around potential names for the player Stevie's trying to sign. ---> Clicky

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The Todd signing was always extremely unlikely, with the budget already tight there's no way we'd be shelling out for a player and, if we were, I wouldn't want it to be somebody who is untried at this level. Nae point taking silly financial risks and I'm glad we aren't.

Anyway, time to start throwing around potential names for the player Stevie's trying to sign. ---> Clicky

Holy Shit, we could end up with a weekly fans' competition to become a substitute at this rate.  And I have a wee worry that signings made in the heat of desperation/pressure/panic/looming icebergs tend to be more messy than Messi.

Call the alarm, man the ramparts and send forthwith for Martin McNiff  !!!

Wasn't there a free agent match at Clyde recently and surely we should have had it watched anyone know if one took place?

All the players we are after are free agents. The problem is we have no money to sign them, wage budget is gone.