Sons' sorrow

Dang, how do you know that? That's only their highest earner, the rest are on far less and one is (I believe) paid in strips of cloth.

Its an sbsolute waste of cashmere frankly.

2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

I just feel the full time status of those clubs will matter in the end.As far as squad size goes i think we are probably the weakest in that area SO FAR.Depends a lot in who we get in and who morton , ayr etc get in between now and the end of august.

You are completely rippin' ma knittin'. You really need to get out the house and get some fresh air. Stop with the pish scare mongering 

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

You are completely rippin' ma knittin'. You really need to get out the house and get some fresh air. Stop with the pish scare mongering 

What i wrote was not scaremongering just an appraisal of the current situation re the playing squad at the moment.Notice i put in big letters SO FAR as our signing campaign is not yet finished.Hope that clears things up.

24 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

What i wrote was not scaremongering just an appraisal of the current situation re the playing squad at the moment.Notice i put in big letters SO FAR as our signing campaign is not yet finished.Hope that clears things up.

Look at our squad this time last year, then look at our current squad. Quality over quantity appears to be the correct term to describe it. Stevie's had to be smarter with who he's bringing in, and I think he's done well to address our areas of weakness last season.

Look at Morton's current squad, look at Ayr's, look at Queens', look at Raith's. None of them are complete yet, but they have all lost key players. Morton have lost their strikeforce of Johnstone and McManus, Ayr have lost Stevo, Jordan Preston and Craig Moore, QOTS are running with a similar squad to last season minus Beany, but have an unproven manager at this level and Raith have lost Connolly, Toshney, Hardie, Panayiotou, Longridge & their manager and have a new boss who has been disastrous in his previous jobs.

We've got the spine of our team, have lost Saunders, Routledge, Lindsay and Nade, but managed to keep Jaz, Buchanan, Barr and Fleming whilst adding quality like Stirling, Smith and Thomson where we lacked it last season.

I guess it depends if you're a glass half full or half empty person. I'm pretty positive for the most part and see no need for you to be getting hugely concerned over where we are at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Look at our squad this time last year, then look at our current squad. Quality over quantity appears to be the correct term to describe it. Stevie's had to be smarter with who he's bringing in, and I think he's done well to address our areas of weakness last season.

Look at Morton's current squad, look at Ayr's, look at Queens', look at Raith's. None of them are complete yet, but they have all lost key players. Morton have lost their strikeforce of Johnstone and McManus, Ayr have lost Stevo, Jordan Preston and Craig Moore, QOTS are running with a similar squad to last season minus Beany, but have an unproven manager at this level and Raith have lost Connolly, Toshney, Hardie, Panayiotou, Longridge & their manager and have a new boss who has been disastrous in his previous jobs.

We've got the spine of our team, have lost Saunders, Routledge, Lindsay and Nade, but managed to keep Jaz, Buchanan, Barr and Fleming whilst adding quality like Stirling, Smith and Thomson where we lacked it last season.

I guess it depends if you're a glass half full or half empty person. I'm pretty positive for the most part and see no need for you to be getting hugely concerned over where we are at the moment.

I think our first 11 is good and arguably better than last season.My point is that we will have a 16 player pool plus 2 development squad players which over the season i feel is not enough.I think right now in July we have a great chance to progress to the last 16 of the LC something which i would attach a high priority to.We are still the best PT team in Scotland on the park IMO.

Ayr have lost Stevo, Jordan Preston and Craig Moore

Losing Stevo definitely strengthened us we took Cairney instead of him and even if he is injured all season it would do less harm to us than Stevo's shitshows.

Jordan has been replaced by Jamie Thomas who time will tell how good he is.

Moore has not been replaced but the plan is to replace him with uh.....Moore.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've no idea of the prize money involved but I'd like to think that a run in the Scottish Cup would be more lucrative than a run in the League cup. With a small squad we need to choose our battles this year in respect of competitions.

Think all cups are important to us this season.As it stands we are more than capable of progressing from our LC group and should try to do so.I wouldnt like these ties to be treated as friendlies.

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

Think all cups are important to us this season.As it stands we are more than capable of progressing from our LC group and should try to do so.I wouldnt like these ties to be treated as friendlies.

I do agree, I used to hate showing up for early season cup matches and watch us walk around the park not really trying to win or the manager trying out players in different systems, but I think the management might be wary of racking up fixtures this year and might prioritise.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I do agree, I used to hate showing up for early season cup matches and watch us walk around the park not really trying to win or the manager trying out players in different systems, but I think the management might be wary of racking up fixtures this year and might prioritise.

Its possible they might prioritise but in terms of the number of  fixtures we have played only 2 full friendly fixtures so i think concentrating seriously on these cup ties should be deemed a priority.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm honestly not bothered if we treat the League Cup games as an extended pre season. I'm travelling to Forfar on Saturday knowing full well that we are still short of numbers and that it could be played at a friendly pace.

I'd far rather our focus was on the league.

Dont you think we have a great chance of making the last 16 despite the reduced squad(which may be augmented by Saturday)???/First time in 30 years or so.

Dont you think we have a great chance of making the last 16 despite the reduced squad(which may be augmented by Saturday)???/First time in 30 years or so.

I see things like that as a bonus if they happen, otherwise I couldn't give two hoots.

Our bread and butter is the league and if we had the numbers to do so I'd be wrapping our main men in cotton wool until that kicks off.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

A player i would like to see at SONS is Nathan Austin....maybe we could get him on loan in January  should he not command a first team place with falkirk.Think he would link up well with berbathom and stevenson.

Austin looks like he'll be the main man at Falkirk this year, been scoring for fun during pre-season and by all accounts has been impressive.

A player i would like to see at SONS is Nathan Austin....maybe we could get him on loan in January  should he not command a first team place with falkirk.Think he would link up well with berbathom and stevenson.

:1eye:1eye:1eye:blink:

The winners plus the 4 best runners up i believe.Think we can do that even if we were to lose at dundee.

Watch out, you're approaching positivity.