Sons' sorrow

More players expected in as Ewings and Barr are out for the trip to Forfar.We can field a good 11 but the bench will be lacking in numbers.I imagine  Kassarate, clark,and mccallum on the bench.The rest of the team picks itself.

That's a blow regarding Ewings.

It means Flappy McFlapperson is our no1 and we have to waste a wage bringing in back up. Hopefully the backup is someone cheap and short term.

I really think trialists should be allowed to play in at least the group stages. With it being so early on in the season a lot of teams are nowhere near having a completed squad.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It means Flappy McFlapperson is our no1 and we have to waste a wage bringing in back up. Hopefully the backup is someone cheap and short term.

I really think trialists should be allowed to play in at least the group stages. With it being so early on in the season a lot of teams are nowhere near having a completed squad.

John Burridge is lined up for an emotional return.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It seems weird that trialists aren't allowed. When the new format was announced along with fixtures in July Doncaster stated that it would give clubs a more competitive atmosphere to prepare for the league season. So there was an acceptance that these games would not be taken completely seriously as teams would still be experimenting. Why they didn't change the rules to accommodate that seems to have been an oversight . . . or maybe just incompetence

I can only assume Jamie Barclay's signed on a short-term basis as cover, and he's probably unlikely to play at all, but he's the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen at Stenhousemuir. I reckon he cost us about seven or eight points courtesy of match-defining mistakes last season. There were others to blame for our shocking defensive record but he was the chief culprit.

The own goal at Ayr United mentioned above really sticks out, but there was a period around September-October where he seemed to cost us a goal a game. Barclay is a decent shot stopper (hey, isn't every 'keeper?) but his inability to command his line and communicate with his defence is shocking.

Really surprised he's still playing in the senior leagues, I thought he was destined for the Lowland League or the juniors, but this must be a case of "needs must" for Stevie Aitken.

I can only assume Jamie Barclay's signed on a short-term basis as cover, and he's probably unlikely to play at all, but he's the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen at Stenhousemuir. I reckon he cost us about seven or eight points courtesy of match-defining mistakes last season. There were others to blame for our shocking defensive record but he was the chief culprit.

The own goal at Ayr United mentioned above really sticks out, but there was a period around September-October where he seemed to cost us a goal a game. Barclay is a decent shot stopper (hey, isn't every 'keeper?) but his inability to command his line and communicate with his defence is shocking.

Really surprised he's still playing in the senior leagues, I thought he was destined for the Lowland League or the juniors, but this must be a case of "needs must" for Stevie Aitken.

A 1 month deal, thankfully.

Surely the ability to play trialists in a cup competition sort of makes a mockery of it. If someone was to play for us as a trialist then go sign for someone else and play for them in the same competition against us, it would be a bit wrong? You couldn't exactly cup-tie a trialist?

Surely the ability to play trialists in a cup competition sort of makes a mockery of it. If someone was to play for us as a trialist then go sign for someone else and play for them in the same competition against us, it would be a bit wrong? You couldn't exactly cup-tie a trialist?

The same thing could've happened in the league as well to be fair when we were allowed to play them. I don't see an issue with it, especially when it's so early in the season.

Anyway, Barclay is undoubtedly not anywhere near good enough for this level, but we needed someone with a bit of experience should Flappy get injured/suspended. He'll be on buttons and will be content to sit on the bench.

See the youth 'keeper Adger. Is he signed, or training, or what's the script with him? I'd have thought we could've saved the wage money and just had him on the bench seen as he's been at all the friendlies unless Stevie thinks he's nowhere near up to it.

By the way if you haven't seen the Gif of Barclay's own goal last season then you're badly missing out. Straight out of a football bloopers DVD.

The same thing could've happened in the league as well to be fair when we were allowed to play them. I don't see an issue with it, especially when it's so early in the season.

Anyway, Barclay is undoubtedly not anywhere near good enough for this level, but we needed someone with a bit of experience should Flappy get injured/suspended. He'll be on buttons and will be content to sit on the bench.

See the youth 'keeper Adger. Is he signed, or training, or what's the script with him? I'd have thought we could've saved the wage money and just had him on the bench seen as he's been at all the friendlies unless Stevie thinks he's nowhere near up to it.

By the way if you haven't seen the Gif of Barclay's own goal last season then you're badly missing out. Straight out of a football bloopers DVD.

I believe if we want to play a youth player they have to sign a professional contract.

I assume he's the 17s keeper?

I believe if we want to play a youth player they have to sign a professional contract.

I assume he's the 17s keeper?

Pretty sure he's a year younger than me so that would make him ineligible for 17s. Didn't know about the youth player signing a pro deal thing though, it seems a bit pointless, but then so do most SPFL/SFA rules these days.
Is Barclay local?, did we have him as a youth?

No idea where he's from, but he was with Falkirk as a kid.