Sons' sorrow

The best bit of that is that fact we got a free-kick for the wee East Fife boy sitting on the ball[emoji38]
Can you do a roaster one with Gallagher kicking Kevin Smith plz

Can do. Just had him as roaster of the week in my blog.

Just starting work though so you can get it in the morning.

18 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I had to replace last year's after coming home from the first game having it on, dogs claw caught it , wouldn't trust it, so if I were you, I'd wear it carefully, and stay away from possible sharp objects

That's nothing to a big team like us. #TheOnlyShowInTown

Can see this one panning out: Dumbarton pay out 5-figure compensation fee to Annan then Josh feks off giving 28 days notice of termination of contract as amateur then signs for QoS on a pro contract before transfer window closes..Dumbarton wouldnt be entitled to compensation as they had signed Josh as an Amateur, at best 1 month development...LOL. A further thought , take away the compensation bit and maybe that was the masterplan!.

13 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

Can see this one panning out: Dumbarton pay out 5-figure compensation fee to Annan then Josh feks off giving 28 days notice of termination of contract as amateur then signs for QoS on a pro contract before transfer window closes..Dumbarton wouldnt be entitled to compensation as they had signed Josh as an Amateur, at best 1 month development...LOL. A further thought , take away the compensation bit and maybe that was the masterplan!.

And then you woke up and wondered why the bed sheets were so sticky?

I can see Annan spending loads of money pursuing this and it being ruled in Dumbarton's favour. Annan then having no money and having to release all their players, instead the fans have to play every week; led by captain Marco44. After a season where the best result was a 17-1 loss to Edinburgh City's U20s they get relegated and are never seen in the senior leagues again.

Was planning to get the new away top but remember someone mentioning the new Joma tops looked cheap, anyone who has one care to agree/disagree?

I've got the new home one. It's ok if extremely neat. I know these modern football tops are fitted now and not very generous for the larger bloke but the top is smaller than equivalent size of last Joma home top. It's also not quite the quality of the previous one.

Regards away top it's only available for pre-order and not available until mid August at earliest.

1 hour ago, athletic 1 said:

Still, at least you're taking it well.

1 hour ago, athletic 1 said:

LMAO

41 minutes ago, son of a bankie said:

Not worn my top yet but 3/4 zip top is excellent.

Mine arrived today. I enjoy it that much that I'm not taking it off until I've finished my tea from my new DFC mug. I'm absolutely sweating my tits off but I just don't care.

26 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

I've got the new home one. It's ok if extremely neat. I know these modern football tops are fitted now and not very generous for the larger bloke but the top is smaller than equivalent size of last Joma home top. It's also not quite the quality of the previous one.

Regards away top it's only available for pre-order and not available until mid August at earliest.

For anorexic midgets like me I find the fit quite nice.

The material is thin which I think some are describing as cheap (which may be the case) but I don't think it looks cheap. If the badge had been printed on it would look cheap but I like it overall. 

It's a massive thumbs up from me on the merch this season anyway.

It's a massive thumbs up from me on the merch this season anyway.

I would agree about this and when the shop was launched i was keen to make an order. As well as the home top I mentioned earlier I got a mug and grey polo shirt. Both very smart.

Unfortunately they sent the wrong size of top which had to go back. That was a bit of a pain as I had pay for return signed for postage at £4.45 and the correct top couldn't be dispatched until they had received the wrong one back. In fairness I got my out of pocket postage expense refunded.

I then went to get my 1st cuppa in the new mug. Brought in to work and all and found the mug to have a fault inside that it hadn't been properly glazed which meant drinking from it could by unhygienic. I am currently awaiting a replacement mug which was dispatched today.

So all in not a great experience where 2 of the 3 items weren't right. I'll put this down to bad luck and at the end of the day all is resolved and no extra expense incurred.

I agree with the sizes of the tops and it was tiny. I do like the sponsors name being part of the material and not a transfer.

Steven Aitken expects at least 3 new signings before the first league game, plus Jamie Ewings and Darren Barr could be back.

http://m.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/14636255.Sons_transfer_latest_and_injury_updates_ahead_of_Dundee_game/

Just reading between the lines there on what he's said about timescales on loanees and being patient etc, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the loans came from clubs who either are, or until last night, were involved in the Europa League qualifiers.

Pleasing to see that he's intending to bolster the squad with another two or three, we certainly need it. Let's hope they're of similar quality to recent loanees Chris Kane and more latterly Jamie Lindsay.

Steven Aitken expects at least 3 new signings before the first league game, plus Jamie Ewings and Darren Barr could be back.

http://m.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/14636255.Sons_transfer_latest_and_injury_updates_ahead_of_Dundee_game/

Pleasing.

If we can acquire 3 loans it will make the squad look a lot fuller, and give us far better options from the bench.

Lets hope we continue our good record of finding a gem or two in the loan market.