Sons' sorrow

Would like someone a bit older but his positions are handy and he's obviously shown some ability to get into the Scotland under 19s. If he's good we could play him at left back and try Docherty Cdm cause I'm not convinced with him at left back since the start of pre-season and Alloa fans think he was good there.

With 3 new additions our squad is more or less the same size as last year.Dont know why the club stressed the lack of cash situ so much.One thing is cutting away the DS , another thing cutting away 1st team squad places.Sounds ok to me.Now just to get the right team organized on the park.'mon the stevies.

With 3 new additions our squad is more or less the same size as last year.Dont know why the club stressed the lack of cash situ so much.One thing is cutting away the DS , another thing cutting away 1st team squad places.Sounds ok to me.Now just to get the right team organized on the park.'mon the stevies.

The club has not stressed this. The only thing they have done is scrap the development squad which will actually help development players in the future go out on loan to lowland league teams and learn to cope with the physical nature of the game. Stevie Aitken said in an article that his budget was smaller but he still had money to play with, then people took that to mean a whole host of different things.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, it was more fan knicker wetting that blew our budget out of proportion than anything the club or manager have said. 

To be fair stevie did say a squad of 16 ......big difference in football from a squad of 16 and a squad of 20.I do believe they exacerbated things with those comments.

17 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

#adminlooming

The loss of gilbert lawrie coupled with overspending would almost certainly bring about the above.I understand the club have been able to get the new players in on reasonable wages (very reasonable when you consider JT).This prudent financial approach will insure we will have a club to support.However whatever happens with BRABCO is anyones guess and it is a bit of a damocles sword from that point of view.Given we own our ground i would hope that whatever the fallout we will always have a club to support.

The loss of gilbert lawrie coupled with overspending would almost certainly bring about the above.I understand the club have been able to get the new players in on reasonable wages (very reasonable when you consider JT).This prudent financial approach will insure we will have a club to support.However whatever happens with BRABCO is anyones guess and it is a bit of a damocles sword from that point of view.Given we own our ground i would hope that whatever the fallout we will always have a club to support.

I'm truly baffled as to why you think the untimely death of Gilbert Lawrie would have any sort of impact on our finances?

He was our CEO, he didn't fund us. Sure he done a good job, by all accounts, but he certainly wasn't keeping us afloat financially.

Tomorrow's game is the first of three that Gallagher has to miss. As well as an automatic two-match ban for his dismissal on Tuesday, he also must sit out the league opener at Dunfermline due to a ban carried over from last season for too many bookings.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

To be fair stevie did say a squad of 16 ......big difference in football from a squad of 16 and a squad of 20.I do believe they exacerbated things with those comments.

You exacerbated things with your pish chat. You talk so much bollocks on here it's actually hurting my head.

On 7/20/2016 at 18:17, Sweet Pete said:
7 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm truly baffled as to why you think the untimely death of Gilbert Lawrie would have any sort of impact on our finances?

He was our CEO, he didn't fund us. Sure he done a good job, by all accounts, but he certainly wasn't keeping us afloat financially.

Well.....he would have probably been the club contact with the bank. Bert was very persuasive and a good communicator. His no longer being there may have made a difference in the bank's overall view of things.

7 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Just something i heard....perhaps not him directly but people that he knew....and yes he did do a great job for the club and was by all accounts a crucial member of the board.

Bert hadn't been a member of the board for quite some time. He was CEO, an employee of Brabco/DFC

8 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Can I please try to sum up your post.........f**k Brabco.

Anyone who hides behind Brabco, no matter who they are, are c***s.

Real football fans don't need to hide.

You've taken a pounding of late. I support your post on this occasion.