Sons' sorrow

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not ready, I simply can't handle all this news.

We're going to run out of Vinnie Mac gifs at this rate :lol:

New signing hopefully.  I'd take Durrant but since we've already seen The Sun post about him it'd be a bit anti-climatic.  Not that I'm being greedy :whistle

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

This is like Christmas

Be an absolute delight to find out that all the "fuss" between Aldo and Stevie was premeditated and that he has actually signed a 2 year deal eh? :lol:

Surely it must be a "new" signing in reality?

That really is superb news.

I'm delighted about it and means we can now push forward.

I'll totally concede I was of the mind 'Aitken out' after the Bonnyrigg disaster but Aitken and the players turned it around completely and they all deserve huge credit for that.

We were a totally different side after that and I imagine Aitken has learned from the first half of this season.

I'm confident he's the man to lead us into our sixth season at this level and hope for a repeat of our second half of this season, taking scalps galore and confounding the doubters yet again!

I don't understand some fans and every club had them that want managers sacked after one bad result or even a couple of poor shows. Aitken was always a decent manager as was Duffy for Morton when their roasters were calling for his head. Puzzling.....

I don't understand some fans and every club had them that want managers sacked after one bad result or even a couple of poor shows. Aitken was always a decent manager as was Duffy for Morton when their roasters were calling for his head. Puzzling.....

It wasn't one bad result, it was months of bad results, combined with awful football, that had continued from the 2nd half of the season before where we scored ONE away goal in about 3 months...

Smashing news today! I reckon SA and the players read us grumbling on here and decided to do the decent thing [emoji23][emoji23]
Could do with Buchanan and Barr signing too which would be beautiful!
The Martin story is disappointing. I don't really blame him for airing the details, he's pissed off and has rightly let our fans know what has happened! Another example of our board! I'd rather have sacrificed another player to finance the Aldo deal!

Smashing news today! I reckon SA and the players read us grumbling on here and decided to do the decent thing [emoji23][emoji23]
Could do with Buchanan and Barr signing too which would be beautiful!
The Martin story is disappointing. I don't really blame him for airing the details, he's pissed off and has rightly let our fans know what has happened! Another example of our board! I'd rather have sacrificed another player to finance the Aldo deal!

I disagree, we got one side of the story which made the club look the bad guy. I thought the manner in which Martin got things dragged through the press was poor. I'm sure there's plenty of players wanting deals at this point, very few air their frustrations in public.

I'm not party to what was discussed between Aitken and Martin re: contracts and I don't doubt he enjoyed his time here but from the outside it appears there was a degree of leverage from using the press to broker improved terms which we weren't willing to match.

A summary of the last week's speculation on Sons Sorrow.
achick13.gif

Or realisticly it was warranted concern over having zero manager, zero staff and zero players with a shortened summer break and pre season due to begin in a few weeks time.

Lets not forget Stevie could've as easily said no to a new deal and we'd still currently have zero manager, zero staff and zero players.

Fine margins.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Or realisticly it was warranted concern over having zero manager, zero staff and zero players with a shortened summer break and pre season due to begin in a few weeks time.

Lets not forget Stevie could've as easily said no to a new deal and we'd still currently have zero manager, zero staff and zero players.

Fine margins.

Let's not forget if ma auntie had baws she'd be ma uncle! :P