Sons' sorrow

Am I right in saying that, if the Morton SC game is a draw, the replay will be played on Tuesday 13/2? I'm writing a wee thing about our potential fixture backlog and, if that happens, we will have 6 games in 17 days:

Morton (A) - SC (10/2)
Morton (H) - SCR (13/2)
TNS (A) - CC (17/2)
Morton (H) - L (20/2)
Falkirk (A) - L (24/2)
ICT (H) - L (27/2)

Even without a replay there are some massive games in there in really quick succession. 

2 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Replays are often held in the following week which would mean taking place of league game . We’ve still got the dun u and Morton away games to fit in too so pile up likely to continue into March 

Christ. I forgot about the re-scheduled Morton away game. Could be Saturday/Tuesday right into the middle of the March with Brechin/Morton and United. 

I'd like to think that common sense would dictate that the Morton replay (if it happens) would just be moved to the immediate Tuesday. The travelling distance between the clubs isn't an issue, and given we train on a Tuesday anyway I can't see it being an issue with players and their employment.

3 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Maybe we need a home game sooner than later, for cash-flow? Pure speculation on my part.

Dont think so...we will get cash from the cup game vs morton.Arguably that will be more than a home game for us.Would expect a crowd of about 2000 at cappielow for that game.

interesting to note that despite still being involved in two cups in February that Dumbartons average league attendance is only 923. In fact if you add in home games in the various cups the average plummets to 772. If you assume that the average away league attendance is at least 300 it shows that Dumbarton on a good day are attracting only 600 home supporters. Hopefully any fans coming out of the woodwork for the trip to Oswestry stick with us for the rest of the season. Our proposed 4000 seater new stadium is gone to feel lonely if only 500 or so turn up each week.

interesting to note that despite still being involved in two cups in February that Dumbartons average league attendance is only 923. In fact if you add in home games in the various cups the average plummets to 772. If you assume that the average away league attendance is at least 300 it shows that Dumbarton on a good day are attracting only 600 home supporters. Hopefully any fans coming out of the woodwork for the trip to Oswestry stick with us for the rest of the season. Our proposed 4000 seater new stadium is gone to feel lonely if only 500 or so turn up each week.
There will be quite a few coming out of the woodwork for Oswestry, and that can be explained in one word - novelty. And I don't blame any of them; the idiotic divisions of 10 clubs playing each other 4 times per season has led to sterility, with clubs reduced to diehards only.

Factor in the OTT cost of watching Dumbarton matches, home and away, and it's not hard to see Oswestry as a worthwhile adventure for many folk who used to be regulars.

We took 1000? To Aberdeen did we not a few years ago. The fans are there for the novelty factor and for the opportunity to say "I was there when the sons....." as mentioned but getting these people to fork out £20 to come watch us in the town is a different story.

28 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

We took 1000? To Aberdeen did we not a few years ago. The fans are there for the novelty factor and for the opportunity to say "I was there when the sons....." as mentioned but getting these people to fork out £20 to come watch us in the town is a different story.

10 YEARS AGO WE TOOK OVER 2000 TO CELTIC PARK AND WE WERE IN THE 3RD DIVISION THEN.I remember Strachan complementing a 3rd division team which he said took more supporters than most PL clubs.Novelty factor indeed.

19 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There will be quite a few coming out of the woodwork for Oswestry, and that can be explained in one word - novelty. And I don't blame any of them; the idiotic divisions of 10 clubs playing each other 4 times per season has led to sterility, with clubs reduced to diehards only.

Factor in the OTT cost of watching Dumbarton matches, home and away, and it's not hard to see Oswestry as a worthwhile adventure for many folk who used to be regulars.

It would be far more sterile if we still had divisions of 18 and 20