Sons' sorrow

26 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Just in case anyone isn't on Twitter. 500 seats booked on the buses already. Sensational effort.

I would think that the proportion of those travelling by train or car will be higher than was the case in going to Shropshire. There were two coachloads (100 or so) at Oswestry but roughly 500 there supporting Sons.  If we apply even the same ratio as that we *could* be looking at about 2500 going as it stands. We supposedly took 2,000 to Celtic Park for a cup tie in 2007. I was there and would say that was a pretty fair estimate. We were in the third division at that time.

2 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Apparently we get the yellow section at the end of the main stand. Dear SPFL, Naw. IMG_0487.jpg

Just saw that on the Facebook group. Surely, surely, surely the SPFL corporate folk don't need the 31-67, 70-144 and 147-183? That must be a couple of thousand seats - or are they just going with massive segregation?

If that's the only option then I think I'll hang off and wait for the behind the goal tickets to be available. Although judging by this we'll get 91-140 and nothing else.

The view from the yellow block is not as bad as it seems in that above stadium plan.  Seat 1 is in line with the 18 yard box, and seat 28 in line with the goal line.

It is a stinking decision to only give us that just now.  Surely you would start selling the seats nearest the halfway line then work back the way to the corner and then opening the stand behind the goal?

We have the red section in the Main Stand too, it's just that we're selling the tickets for the yellow block first. I don't understand the anger here - it was well publicised on our OS that we'd get the end of the Main Stand and behind the goal, quite why anyone expected to be able to pick and choose their seat is beyond me - we have a part time receptionist, she can't possibly sit and look through the tickets in such a way. Want a ticket? Take the next one on the pile. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We have the red section in the Main Stand too, it's just that we're selling the tickets for the yellow block first. I don't understand the anger here - it was well publicised on our OS that we'd get the end of the Main Stand and behind the goal, quite why anyone expected to be able to pick and choose their seat is beyond me - we have a part time receptionist, she can't possibly sit and look through the tickets in such a way. Want a ticket? Take the next one on the pile. 

That's alright then. The idea of spending the cup final sat in a Livi-esque wee section wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

I agree with what you're saying but why didn't we start selling the tickets for the red section before the yellow? Or is it a case of once we sell out the yellow section we get the tickets for the red section?

I'm certainly not expecting to pick and choose seats but it would be good for the better seats to available prior to the absolute shanners in the corner of the stadium.

It would be a bit of a gutter to be stuck in the corner after attending all the other games and travelling to Oswestry for the semi final whilst someone attending their first Sons game for a decade gets a better view in a better part of the stadium. I'll probably hang off on buying mine until the shiters have been purchased and we move onto selling tickets for the red section.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree with what you're saying but why didn't we start selling the tickets for the red section before the yellow? Or is it a case of once we sell out the yellow section we get the tickets for the red section?

I'm certainly not expecting to pick and choose seats but it would be good for the better seats to available prior to the absolute shanners in the corner of the stadium.

It would be a bit of a gutter to be stuck in the corner after attending all the other games and travelling to Oswestry for the semi final whilst someone attending their first Sons game for a decade gets a better view in a better part of the stadium. I'll probably hang off on buying mine until the shiters have been purchased and we move onto selling tickets for the red section.

I'm only guessing here but seat 1 (which is in the yellow section) may well have been the first ticket in the pile. I doubt the club are trying to intentionally sell shite seats first. I actually don't see those seats as shanners in any case. A side view of the pitch is fine, we were always going to be more towards one end than the middle.