Sons' sorrow

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah have some good players there. Ballantyne/Barr/Thomas/Gallagher etc. Much improved from last game today I thought. More pace in side, although Mutch is honking, from the outside looking in

Keeper

Ballantyne
Dowie
Barr
Dyer

Thomson
Spencer

Thomas
Forbes
Barr

Gallagher

Could be decent I think.

Sadly we only have Thomas until January. (Barring a loan extension, of course.)

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd probably have Paton over Barr and I'm keen to see how Loy does under a new gaffer but that's not far off of our strongest 11.

Unfortunately Dowie is done so we're going to need to replace him with the dodgy looking Allardice. Aitken's inability to sign any form of backup for left back means we're stuck with Dyer for the time being, hopefully in January we can sign someone competent enough to at least put in a 6 or 7 out of 10 every week.

To not sign anyone else that could even remotely resemble a LB, was one of Aitken’s big (and many) failings.

In all seriousness, I could believe that Aitchison has gone due to Durrant. Appointing someone with a "infamous" connection with either of the Old Firm is always a risk, especially to a small club. (Or even a large club for those of you who remember Rangers signing Maurice Johnston: the demonstrations, the burning of scarves and season tickets, and what not.)

It also risks alienating the local casual attendee if his loyalties lie with the other half.

There have been many good guys that have come to DFC in whatever capacity from both sides of the divide, but none of them carried the reputation of Durrant who is clearly a bigot. But that's his choice - I don't agree with it. 

Sadly, it is a disease especially in this part of the country. 

Edited by Old Scrotum

21 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Looks like we will be needing another emergency 'keeper for next week.  With Fasan out Falkirk's only other 'keeper is 17 and already on loan.

This season has been incredible.

According to Bet365's line-ups yesterday we had a 44 year-old English keeper on the bench called Andy Little. It has been amended now on his profile, at least.

Capture.JPG

10 hours ago, albundy said:

I have no idea, putting 2 and 2 together to make 5. Stevie has left, Atchison is still listed as a player, no formal announcement has been made, yet he is still AWOL.

Durrant may well be on his way this week and if Atchison returns under a new gaffer, I think we can assume the old management team were the reason. Like I said I'm spitballing with the facts that are known.

I doubt we'll be seeing Jack Aitchison in a Sons jersey again, and unless anyone has the facts concerning his loan it's probaby best to move on. 

I'd probably have Paton over Barr and I'm keen to see how Loy does under a new gaffer but that's not far off of our strongest 11.

Unfortunately Dowie is done so we're going to need to replace him with the dodgy looking Allardice. Aitken's inability to sign any form of backup for left back means we're stuck with Dyer for the time being, hopefully in January we can sign someone competent enough to at least put in a 6 or 7 out of 10 every week.

Forgot about him too another good player. Maybe lacks a bit of pace though, think that was definitely the main difference from the last visit.

You were very fast on break yesterday, although the linesman seemed to let you off with multiple offsides (after a Dumbarton fan had a word with him, absolute shitebag [emoji23]) and looked a threat going forward.

Thomas ran through our whole team yesterday in the second half and nearly scored a belter. Someone I know sitting closer to the Dumbarton dugout informed me that Bobby Barr asked to be subbed because he had been on the night shift, so maybe best dropping him for Paton if he can't get a shift change. [emoji23]

Dick said it yesterday in his post match that that's not a team that'll finish anywhere near 9th in the league and I would agree.

I doubt we'll be seeing Jack Aitchison in a Sons jersey again, and unless anyone has the facts concerning his loan it's probaby best to move on. 

I think people are entitled to question the Aitchison situation. All we've had so far is a Twitter post from some Celtic fan page so far.

He should've been a big player for us and as it stands he's still listed as a Dumbarton player. Until some form of official confirmation is provided from either his parent club or ourselves then questions will quite rightly be asked.

I think people are entitled to question the Aitchison situation. All we've had so far is a Twitter post from some Celtic fan page so far.

He should've been a big player for us and as it stands he's still listed as a Dumbarton player. Until some form of official confirmation is provided from either his parent club or ourselves then questions will quite rightly be asked.

https://videocelts.com/2018/10/blogs/loan-celts/celtic-striker-cuts-short-his-loan-deal/

https://tbrfootball.com/what-next-for-jack-aitchison-after-ending-dumbarton-spell-early/

https://sportslens.com/aitchison-re-joins-celtic-after-loan-move-is-cut-short/247170/

These are all I can find. Doesn’t really tell us much though.

Forgot about him too another good player. Maybe lacks a bit of pace though, think that was definitely the main difference from the last visit.

You were very fast on break yesterday, although the linesman seemed to let you off with multiple offsides (after a Dumbarton fan had a word with him, absolute shitebag [emoji23]) and looked a threat going forward.

Thomas ran through our whole team yesterday in the second half and nearly scored a belter. Someone I know sitting closer to the Dumbarton dugout informed me that Bobby Barr asked to be subbed because he had been on the night shift, so maybe best dropping him for Paton if he can't get a shift change. [emoji23]

Dick said it yesterday in his post match that that's not a team that'll finish anywhere near 9th in the league and I would agree.

IMG_3655.jpg