Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Been through the discussion before both here and on Facebook. I have to conclude I'm out of step and in a small minority who simply can't abide the noise.

There's really no point in further debate.

The boys, (and the drum) win.

I've got tons else to do on a Saturday in a drum free environment so I'm fine with it.

I must have missed this. That is a real shame.

46 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Been through the discussion before both here and on Facebook. I have to conclude I'm out of step and in a small minority who simply can't abide the noise.

There's really no point in further debate.

The boys, (and the drum) win.

I've got tons else to do on a Saturday in a drum free environment so I'm fine with it.

Can't understand this.  Weans banging a wee drum honestly stops you from attending?

It's a football match, not a library.

This is the exact attitude that kept me away from attending games for years is the feeling of not belonging or not feeling welcome at the stadium because I don’t just sit quietly and watch the match.

I love a good shout and scream it’s a good release after a shot week at work or grief of the Mrs

I’m now at an age where I don’t give a toss.

There is a stigma and clique atmosphere at the stadium. Probably not just at the stadium but with Dumbarton in general.

There is a core support at the stadium that don’t like change or anything new or different.

****I’d like to make clear this is my feelings and not a post directed at any specific person or post on here****

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

We've all got tons we can do on a Saturday - go shopping with the missus, visit friends etc but there are only so many soft furnishing shops you can go into, only so much cake you eat. How does this compare with the excitement, the spectacle, the hope, fears, dreams, expectations, highs, lows and belonging that comes with a Sons' game?

2 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

We've all got tons we can do on a Saturday - go shopping with the missus, visit friends etc but there are only so many soft furnishing shops you can go into, only so much cake you eat. How does this compare with the excitement, the spectacle, the hope, fears, dreams, expectations, highs, lows and belonging that comes with a Sons' game?

Hiya Stephen Watt,  hiya pal!

Great work :lol:

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your fuckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols?
Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage?
Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and pints.
f**k that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Sons at home, love it!

6 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your fuckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols?
Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage?
Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and pints.
f**k that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Sons at home, love it!

^^^not Stephen Watt^^^

:lol:

Just now, squeezeboxson said:

I'm thinking maybe tomorrow we will announce any new signing(s)... go along to training tonight and get their photo and sign a wee deal.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway! :unsure2:

I've been hoping the same for three weeks :(

Might need to camp out in the bushes at Benburb (again).

I certainly won’t post again about the drum as it seems to arouse very positive, strong feelings in people. Unfortunately people with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME) as well as some other central nervous system conditions, can find that a repetitive noise or flashing lights, or indeed certain smells exacerbate their condition. The best known aspect of this is where flashing lights or flash photography can bring on a seizure. Repetitive sound can be just as bad. It stems from an inability for sufferers to filter out the sound/light/smell so that it becomes dominant, overriding the brain’s ability to concentrate, focus or think about anything else. I suffer from fibromyalgia and my daughter from CFS. https://www.verywellhealth.com/sensory-overload-in-fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue-716021
Having chaired a Testimonial year for Craig Brittain and a Benefit Year for Gordon Lennon's dependants and The Community StadiumCompany which holds the golden share in DFC, having been a season ticket holder in five different decades, having sold every single ticket for the club’s opening matches ( both actual and official) from my business premises and all that season’s season tickets, having sponsored the club to the tune of tens of thousands since 1985 - the most recent being Sons TV for two seasons, it’s a wee bit disappointing to be characterised as an old fart who complains for no reason. I am an old fart of course but I’m not a complainer.

We aren't signing anyone today, are we?
Nope. I've got a feeling it will be Friday before we get any news but I'm really hoping it will be tomorrow.

I'm slightly concerned that the lack of news or rumours means we wont be announcing the 4 or 5 players that we need and it will only be 1 or 2. I suppose the other worry is how shite they are, I can't imagine we're an attractive prospect at the minute.