Sons' sorrow

35 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Denny Johnstone is absolutely done. I heard he was giving up football to join the police, we eventually punted him out on loan to Stranraer where I don't even think he scored a goal. I think injuries have took their toll on him. 

Aye he was in the paper saying as much. Fair play in rinsing a club for another year though.

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Where did you see this? We've not had any mention of him leaving Morton.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/reghan-tumilty/profil/spieler/291596

Contract expires: 10.06.2020
Date of last contract extension: May 31, 2019

I did a search on right backs and he was thrown up in comparison with another FB, might have been Scott Mercer  I think.

Of course the info might be incorrect but I guessed he was 2nd or 3rd choice with Ton as he was out on loan to Dumbarton last season, potentially I might be guilty of putting 2+2 and getting 6, has he re-signed for 20-21then?

29 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I did a search on right backs and he was thrown up in comparison with another FB, might have been Scott Mercer  I think.

Of course the info might be incorrect but I guessed he was 2nd or 3rd choice with Ton as he was out on loan to Dumbarton last season, potentially I might be guilty of putting 2+2 and getting 6, has he re-signed for 20-21then?

After his loan he went back to Morton and done fairly well as first choice right back... I think.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

We extended the contracts of everyone whose deal was up this summer to 31 July under furlough, so expires on Friday.

He's the only right back we've got. He asked to go out on loan until January in the summer to get games as at that point Hopkin was actively trying to sign another right back and couldn't guarantee him a start. Fair enough at the time, but that then looked a very stupid move from the club when we failed to sign a right back and were stuck rotating between various centre backs and central midfielders there for months while we had one out on loan.

While that does mean that if he'd stayed at the club rather than going out on loan he'd have got a run of games anyway, it's still arguable that going to Dumbarton did him a lot of good - he certainly came back a more confident player. In any case he was looking a decent Championship player by the end of the season and I'd be very surprised if we didn't offer him a new contract.

2 hours ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

This would apply to any team at this level that has experienced one or both players mentioned when they sign a striker

Give me Jim Lister and his vaping five minutes before KO habit any day of the week

Can't believe he's given up the fags. 

Is Loy still under contract?

Delighted with Rico, I really am. I like Langan and felt he was a bit unfairly treated last year and struggled to get going again after some decent form, hopefully gets more of a chance this year. Johnstone could be another Rory Loy but we'll see.

DJ talking up Mckee in his interview.I really hope that is an indication he will re-sign for us.He and PJ CROSSAN would be decent renewals if they were to happen.

On another note I would like to see Gregor Buchanan return as he would add good competition to the 2 we have.Again our budget restraints may/will  be the problem.

Michael Doyle is another worth taking a look at.

43 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

DJ talking up Mckee in his interview.I really hope that is an indication he will re-sign for us.He and PJ CROSSAN would be decent renewals if they were to happen.

On another note I would like to see Gregor Buchanan return as he would add good competition to the 2 we have.Again our budget restraints may/will  be the problem.

Michael Doyle is another worth taking a look at.

Think most of us would bite your hand off to see Buchanan back however I think he will comfortably get a deal at a full time club.

On Denny Johnston. Lot of rival fans on saying he's finished etc, hopefully he can prove them wrong, he was a good player a few years ago so hopefully is fit. I'm more excited about him signing than I was for Layne last season.

26 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Think most of us would bite your hand off to see Buchanan back however I think he will comfortably get a deal at a full time club.

On Denny Johnston. Lot of rival fans on saying he's finished etc, hopefully he can prove them wrong, he was a good player a few years ago so hopefully is fit. I'm more excited about him signing than I was for Layne last season.

I am kinda the opposite...I was excited about Layne as I liked him when he played for Brechin/Alloa.Not so excited by DJ but I really hope he proves me and all the Falkirk fans very wrong.He says he needed a rest and that quarantine helped him.So we will see...

Duffy must think he can mould a player out of Jones but it's difficult to see him making any sort of impact. If Layne is indeed gone we'll need more than DJ and Jones up front, I think Duffy will know that too.

Looks like there's another signing being announced today too. Hopefully it's McKee or Carswell if it's not someone new.