Sons' sorrow

I hold three nationalites, foreign bank accounts, have spent decades abrood and my cousin was a famous referee and Lord knows we need a break or two from referees.

I have sent the owners my ideal cv for a boardroom member.  Having suppressed the bit about being a lifetime Sons fan I should be a shoo in.

Nobody at the club has yet realised the hilariousness of two articles going out on the same day - one saying we have a new director looking to bring in overseas players and another saying we've failed to sign an overseas player because of the rules in this country now. 

I really don't think I'll be back down at the club any time soon tbh, not until there's some form of fan action to take control of the club. I don't recognise the club in its current form. 

Nobody at the club has yet realised the hilariousness of two articles going out on the same day - one saying we have a new director looking to bring in overseas players and another saying we've failed to sign an overseas player because of the rules in this country now. 
I really don't think I'll be back down at the club any time soon tbh, not until there's some form of fan action to take control of the club. I don't recognise the club in its current form. 

Seems a somewhat petty stance. I don’t think you staying away remotely helps anything and while we’ve not been great the games are still entertaining.

9 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Seems a somewhat petty stance. I don’t think you staying away remotely helps anything and while we’ve not been great the games are still entertaining.

Me staying away has nothing to do with what's happening on the park. Perhaps it won't help anything, but if I'm not happy with the owners or the board, what should my course of action be?

Me staying away has nothing to do with what's happening on the park. Perhaps it won't help anything, but if I'm not happy with the owners or the board, what should my course of action be?

To be honest there’s no easy stance. Something being done through the Sonstrust with large fan support is the best bet. It isn’t easy though because our owners are basically in hiding and we’ve nowhere to get the answers we need. What I can guarantee is the owners are not sat at home checking 461 or 202 people attend a game. They would not care less.

7 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

To be honest there’s no easy stance. Something being done through the Sonstrust with large fan support is the best bet. It isn’t easy though because our owners are basically in hiding and we’ve nowhere to get the answers we need. What I can guarantee is the owners are not sat at home checking 461 or 202 people attend a game. They would not care less.

I'm all for an organised action but the worrying thing for me is our Trust rep seems supportive of this latest absolute crackpot that has been added to the board. The guy literally mentioned Ronaldinho and Maradona in the article as some sort of justification for his contacts. If that's the sort of shan stuff he's told them to get on board and we've believed it then we are fucked. 

And on that Trust rep position - did the Trust not go through years of hell and eventually had to stump up £25K to get that position? How much is this Colin Pie c**t stumping up? 

37 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Equally, what do you care if another fan turns up or not? If an individual on principle feels that they cannot attend matches at the stadium currently then we should respect that.

Equally, what do you care if another fan turns up or not? If an individual on principle feels that they cannot attend matches at the stadium currently then we should respect that.

Because as a supporter of the club I like to see as large a home crowd possible. Bringing a better atmosphere - which enhances everyone’s experience.

26 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Because as a supporter of the club I like to see as large a home crowd possible. Bringing a better atmosphere - which enhances everyone’s experience.

Our support has been disappearing under Brabco and now Brabco2, even with our most successful period on the pitch for a generation. For me there was always going to be a point under these owners where I needed to make a decision on where my money goes. I feel with good directors who were lifelong fans of the club stepping down and being replaced by a guy who thinks he can hoodwink fans by mentioning Maradona and overseas players that I've reached that point.

It's not an easy decision for me, I love this club and I love going to games. It's a family affair for me and always has been, my parents sit a couple of rows in front of me and we all love the club - not enjoying that time with my friends and family is a shit decision to make.  But I want nothing more than the club in safe hands and right now we are in grubby ones. 

Anyone heard news on the the response by the board/owners to the letter by the trust seeking clarification on a number of ownership issues…. finance, sponsorship payments, board resignations, stadium plans. I thought it was a good letter asking fair questions and deserving of a response. The board/owners would be better off spending their time engaging properly with fans rather than putting out puff pieces about new directors like we saw yesterday on the OS 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Our support has been disappearing under Brabco and now Brabco2, even with our most successful period on the pitch for a generation. For me there was always going to be a point under these owners where I needed to make a decision on where my money goes. I feel with good directors who were lifelong fans of the club stepping down and being replaced by a guy who thinks he can hoodwink fans by mentioning Maradona and overseas players that I've reached that point.

It's not an easy decision for me, I love this club and I love going to games. It's a family affair for me and always has been, my parents sit a couple of rows in front of me and we all love the club - not enjoying that time with my friends and family is a shit decision to make.  But I want nothing more than the club in safe hands and right now we are in grubby ones. 

I do get your point but if fans stop going that simply plays in to the current owners' hands. The less people there and the less interest locally makes it all the easier for them to 'do a Clydebank'.

2 hours ago, Robertsons said:

The trust rep on the board is there to represent the views of the membership. If the trust decides to take a particular stance I’d expect the trust board rep to be in step with this….  surely. 

5 minutes ago, Robertsons said:

Anyone heard news on the the response by the board/owners to the letter by the trust seeking clarification on a number of ownership issues…. finance, sponsorship payments, board resignations, stadium plans. I thought it was a good letter asking fair questions and deserving of a response. The board/owners would be better off spending their time engaging properly with fans rather than putting out puff pieces about new directors like we saw yesterday on the OS 

That is a good couple of points. I’ve no idea if she is pushing for answers but you’d think having a seat on the board would enable us to get these answers fairly quickly. I also have absolutely no idea where our chairman stands on the whole thing, have we even heard anything from him since he was appointed?

I know our previous Trust rep was very heavily involved and it felt like fans were kept more in the loop back then and we were well informed about what how he was going about his business in terms of representing fans. It’s got to the point I don’t really have a clue what’s going on or who stands where on certain issues. 

26 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I do get your point but if fans stop going that simply plays in to the current owners' hands. The less people there and the less interest locally makes it all the easier for them to 'do a Clydebank'.

I don't see how anyone does a Clydebank with the C Shares in place but I take your point. I would just like to note that the removal of my support isn't the same as a dwindling of interest - I am still interested in everything going on with the club and I will still fight to keep our club alive, I just won't hand over any further cash to the club whilst our current owners/board are in place. 

3 hours ago, Robertsons said:

The trust rep on the board is there to represent the views of the membership. If the trust decides to take a particular stance I’d expect the trust board rep to be in step with this….  surely. 

Within the limits that the law imposes on directors? Absolutely.

The trust board isnt bound by the requirements placed on company directors by the Companies Act. There are other regulations that impact on how the trust board acts, but those are slightly different to the expectations placed on a club board member. The club is a limited liability company. The trust isnt.

The reality is that the trust rep on the club board should be acting in accordance with trust policy except where there are legal obligations placed on them by companies law. In practice it has usually been the case that the trust rep on the club board would declare any conflicts with club business and excuse themselves from voting or would declare any conflict with trust business and excuse themselves from voting as a member of the trust board.

2 hours ago, Robertsons said:

I can tell you that a courteous response was received from club Chairman Neil McKay with the suggestion of a face-to-face meeting at the ground last Saturday morning.  That meeting took place - I was a participant - but in the intervening period it had become overshadowed by the publication of the letter in the national press due to an unforeseen and erroneous upload to the Trust website for which the Trust Board reps accepted full responsibility.  The club Board of Directors was understandably unhappy at what was private correspondence entering the public domain. 

I have no intention to go into detail of the meeting here but as time permits there will be a summarised account of proceedings provided to Trust members.  In saying that there is no attempt being made to hide anything and there is no attempt at stifling debate.  Supporters should however be aware that both the DFC Board and the Trust Board now have a greater understanding of the issues raised in the letter, with ourselves in the Trust appreciative of the opportunity to fully and passionately articulate the concerns of our members and the wider Sons support.    

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I can tell you that a courteous response was received from club Chairman Neil McKay with the suggestion of a face-to-face meeting at the ground last Saturday morning.  That meeting took place - I was a participant - but in the intervening period it had become overshadowed by the publication of the letter in the national press due to an unforeseen and erroneous upload to the Trust website for which the Trust Board reps accepted full responsibility.  The club Board of Directors was understandably unhappy at what was private correspondence entering the public domain. 

I have no intention to go into detail of the meeting here but as time permits there will be a summarised account of proceedings provided to Trust members.  In saying that there is no attempt being made to hide anything and there is no attempt at stifling debate.  Supporters should however be aware that both the DFC Board and the Trust Board now have a greater understanding of the issues raised in the letter, with ourselves in the Trust appreciative of the opportunity to fully and passionately articulate the concerns of our members and the wider Sons support.    

Was it just Neil McKay involved in this or were the full board present, including this new Colin character?