Sons' sorrow

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This izny whit DFC need. A perr o' con men.

Well, certainly unexpected. Hopefully it’s a positive move and seems fairly impressive on the face of it but I guess give the ownership situation we would be daft to believe everything or anything that is being said.

The guy Gustavo Moure who is mentioned appears to have been Diego Maradona's agent. Which is utterly bizarre.

Diego Maradona's pal Gustavo Moure is fronting an Argentinian consortium considering a takeover of the Paisley club. (Scottish Sun)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35840091

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/maradona-is-prepared-to-visit-pakistan-says-his-manager/articleshow/32888743.cms

If it helps at least clear up reasoning as to how that badge has become yellow - the SVG club badge that’s the master copy was produced in bright yellow.

In about 2007 I changed it to the proper club “sunflower yellow” and started using it on stuff - I guess somewhere between all the board changes and what not the original SGV file is being used again - assuming it’s not intentional it’s just all they currently have.

Edited by GoTeamGaz

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Sigh...this just screams 'grifters' but I guess all will become clear in the near future.

The first question you have to ask yourself is what is genuinely in it for these types of characters if they are just coming in to do an honest job? Absolutely f**k all. It’s certainly not money, unless of course there are some sort of dodgy goings on in the background. That should make everyone instantly sceptical. Why do they want to invest in Dumbarton Football Club? What is the end goal for them?

As for this daft chat regarding regarding overseas recruitment… that was trotted out not all that long ago by a certain Henning Kristoffersen and the closest we’ve come to that is a permanently injured Norweigan from Clyde. What overseas player is going to get a work permit to play part-time football in Scotland? And what overseas investor wants anything to do with a part-time Scottish football club?

You can mark me down as extremely sceptical and almost slightly offended that they think we are that daft as to take in this pish like soup.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The guy Gustavo Moure who is mentioned appears to have been Diego Maradona's agent. Which is utterly bizarre.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/maradona-is-prepared-to-visit-pakistan-says-his-manager/articleshow/32888743.cms

I absolutely love this bat shit crazy stuff!

How will our new South American signings gel with our Norweigans?

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The first question you have to ask yourself is what is genuinely in it for these types of characters if they are just coming in to do an honest job? Absolutely f**k all. It’s certainly not money, unless of course there are some sort of dodgy goings on in the background. That should make everyone instantly sceptical. Why do they want to invest in Dumbarton Football Club? What is the end goal for them?

As for this daft chat regarding regarding overseas recruitment… that was trotted out not all that long ago by a certain Henning Kristoffersen and the closest we’ve come to that is a permanently injured Norweigan from Clyde. What overseas player is going to get a work permit to play part-time football in Scotland? And what overseas investor wants anything to do with a part-time Scottish football club?

You can mark me down as extremely sceptical and almost slightly offended that they think we are that daft as to take in this pish like soup.

It's going to be wild when Dumbarton usurps London as the money laundering capital of the world.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

East Fife use Joma and they seem to manage it

Good point. I've probably picked it up incorrectly from wherever I heard it. 

8 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

Meanwhile, the man of 89 clubs won't be joining.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5237

It doesn't sound like it was the same guy as mentioned earlier since the article said he was coming from Belgian football and this guy was in Ireland.

Complexities in the system?

Complexities like the reality that absolute jobbers from the EU won't get work permits to play in the lower leagues in Scotland?

Those complexities? Not that complex tbh. There's no way we'd be paying him enough to qualify as a skilled worker and he wouldn't come close to passing a football panel to get a work permit.

Somewhat unusual that the club would put out an official statement that they aren't signing an unidentified player. Usually clubs just announce someone when they sign or not at all. Peculiar.

As for South American superstars' agents becoming directors and / or investors, I've never heard so much shite. Laughably poor attempt at distraction and deflection in the club statement. Some fanny has sat and thought that statement up, read it back to themselves and thought "aye, that's a cracker, the fans will be so enthusiastic about the mention of Maradona et al that they'll not stop to ask any awkward questions". Absurd.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Somewhat unusual that the club would put out an official statement that they aren't signing an unidentified player. Usually clubs just announce someone when they sign or not at all. Peculiar.

As for South American superstars' agents becoming directors and / or investors, I've never heard so much shite. Laughably poor attempt at distraction and deflection in the club statement. Some fanny has sat and thought that statement up, read it back to themselves and thought "aye, that's a cracker, the fans will be so enthusiastic about the mention of Maradona et al that they'll not stop to ask any awkward questions". Absurd.

I see the new guy intends to submerge himself in the community.  He's obviously heard about Youngs Farm then.