Sons' sorrow

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I sadly couldn't make it down to the Trust meeting last night but I hear a lot of interesting things being discussed. Will there be minutes/a run down sent out to members? 

It was streamed but not recorded.  Minutes will be available in the near future, they aren't generally circulated but if a member(s) wishes a copy I don't see any great problem.

On 18/04/2024 at 11:39, The Moonster said:

The fact we never done anything in League 1 with Dom Thomas and Gall up top remains a travesty. 

I'll see that and raise you that we ended up in a Championship relegation playoff in a season we played Dobbie and Dykes up front together! Despite Dobbie scoring 43 goals in it even though he missed two months injured.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I sadly couldn't make it down to the Trust meeting last night but I hear a lot of interesting things being discussed. Will there be minutes/a run down sent out to members? 

Just to confirm that the minutes of last night's AGM will be circulated to all Trust members in the next week or so

15 hours ago, microdave said:

There's currently only two points between Peterhead, us and Spartans. Who knows what positions we'll all be in come a week on Saturday. But I'd agree that if it's Peterhead we face in the semi, then the away leg would be preferable on the Saturday from a fan and player perspective.

Might even be better being fourth and playing a Stirling side who are in poor form

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Might even be better being fourth and playing a Stirling side who are in poor form

There's lots of permutations, but I really hope Annan don't finish 9th. They've been in great form, but have Falkirk next. Whereas Stirling have Edinburgh City, before a winner takes all clash on the last day with Annan.

Edited by FifeSons

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

There's lots of permutations, but I really hope Annan don't finish 9th. They've been in great form, but have Falkirk next. Whereas Stirling have Edinburgh City, before a winner takes all clash on the last day with Annan.

Looking at the fixtures and the table, I wouldn’t be surprised if QOTS ended up in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Elrow said:

Looking at the fixtures and the table, I wouldn’t be surprised if QOTS ended up in the playoffs. 

That would be the worst outcome IMO. Farrell would see a full-time side and raise the white flag. However, unless Annan get something off Falkirk, it's impossible for QoS to end up 9th (barring a huge GD swing) as Stirling and Annan play each other on the last day.

Edited by FifeSons

50 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Am I right in saying that aslong as we don’t win on Saturday then we’ll have a home tie on Tuesday? 

I reckon that's preferable and that is the case. I know the whole idea is of it being an advantage being at home on the Saturday but at our level, travelling all that way on a midweek is absolutely stinking. Look how it turned out last year for us... had a look and think if we draw then Spartans would need to win by 4 or more goals to go above us and put us into 4th?

11 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Hearing some dark rumours about the future of the club. All for rivalries etc but hoping what I'm hearing isn't true.

Spill what you've got or f**k the f**k off. Also, what rivalry are you on about? :lol:

Edited by The Moonster