Sons' sorrow

There was one particular save in the second half that I still have absolutely no idea how he got to. We were right down the other end and could see the ball was just flying into the corner and Grindlay came from nowhere to claw it away. We were never losing those play offs after that game. 

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

Anyone know why there's no match preview on the OS for tomorrow ?  I've noticed they've been getting later and later, but not as late as this 🤔

Starting the mind games with Peterhead early.

Posted (edited)

If we beat Stirling, will we get the second leg at home in the final? Meaning we may still have to go up to Peterhead midweek? Or is it just lowest ranked team at home first? When we beat Airdrie to go up to the 1st Division, they had the second leg at home, despite finishing below us in the league.

Edited by FifeSons

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

If we beat Stirling, will we get the second leg at home in the final? Meaning we may still have to go up to Peterhead midweek? Or is it just lowest ranked team at home first? When we beat Airdrie to go up to the 1st Division, they had the second leg at home, despite finishing below us in the league.

Lowest ranked team at home first which would be us if we get there. In 2012, the winner of Airdrie vs Ayr got home advantage in the 2nd leg by prior draw. They changed the format some time after that. 

5 minutes ago, microdave said:

Lowest ranked team at home first which would be us if we get there. In 2012, the winner of Airdrie vs Ayr got home advantage in the 2nd leg by prior draw. They changed the format some time after that. 

Ideal!

Peterhead away was always going to be a problem date the way these permutations worked out.  If we overcome Stirling then we will be playing away at Peterhead or Edinburgh on the evening of Friday 17th May - I know which one I WOULDN'T want.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Peterhead away was always going to be a problem date the way these permutations worked out.  If we overcome Stirling then we will be playing away at Peterhead or Edinburgh on the evening of Friday 17th May - I know which one I WOULDN'T want.

Aye, Edinburgh traffic on a Friday night can be murder!

30 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

When we beat Stirling, will we get the second leg at home in the final? Meaning we may still have to go up to Peterhead midweek? Or is it just lowest ranked team at home first? When we beat Airdrie to go up to the 1st Division, they had the second leg at home, despite finishing below us in the league.

Ftfy

Away from my own clubs fortunes I find myself chuffed for the Sons today. I just hope they're allowed to fulfil their obligations. Anything less would be a total disgrace in my opinion. You don't play all season to be denied the opportunity to get what you've worked for !

15 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Away from my own clubs fortunes I find myself chuffed for the Sons today. I just hope they're allowed to fulfil their obligations. Anything less would be a total disgrace in my opinion. You don't play all season to be denied the opportunity to get what you've worked for !

I sent you a private message two days ago in my capacity as a Board member of our Supporters Trust.  I'm still awaiting a reply.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I sent you a private message two days ago in my capacity as a Board member of our Supporters Trust.  I'm still awaiting a reply.

He's a wee fanny who knows nothing, don't waste your time. 

11 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Anyone checked the forecast for Tuesday?

Drizzle with a chance of shite patter I believe.

Spoiler

I have also partaken in said shite patter on Twitter 🤝

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Drizzle with a chance of shite patter I believe.

Reveal hidden contents

I have also partaken in said shite patter on Twitter 🤝

Shite patter you say?