Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I don't buy that an agreement couldn't be reached. Farrell is arrogant and proud. If the board made it clear he wasn't wanted, he wouldn't stick around.

Thats a different argument.

If we sack him then we need to pay his contract in full. We can offer him a compromise agreement and ask if he'll accept a lesser amount of compensation for the termination of his employment. If he tells us to ram it then we either need to keep him or pay his contract off in full.

Do you really believe that Farrell will walk away from his full contractual money owed given that he only signed his contract extension in February? Really? The guy argues the toss about contractual rights for a living.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If we sack him then we need to pay his contract in full. We can offer him a compromise agreement and ask if he'll accept a lesser amount of compensation for the termination of his employment. If he tells us to ram it then we either need to keep him or pay his contract off in full.

Do you really believe that Farrell will walk away from his full contractual money owed given that he only signed his contract extension in February? Really? The guy argues the toss about contractual rights for a living.

Hopefully knowing most of your players don't like you will be enough to see him walk away

13 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Dick Campbell said on a bbc interview last year that sacked lower league managers would get 3 months pay in compensation for losing their job. Obviously you, I or anyone else on here doesn't know the contents of Farrell's contract as it's none of our business. 

However, Colin Hosie has been vice chairman through many managerial changes and has been involved in a few sackings. I'm not itk about this but when Chapman's time as manager came to an end, he was given another position in the club. That looked to me as though we didn't have enough money to pay up his contract. I'd be very surprised if CH would allow a manager's contract to be paying any more than the 3 months Campbell was talking about.

6 minutes ago, microdave said:

Dick Campbell said on a bbc interview last year that sacked lower league managers would get 3 months pay in compensation for losing their job. Obviously you, I or anyone else on here doesn't know the contents of Farrell's contract as it's none of our business. 

However, Colin Hosie has been vice chairman through many managerial changes and has been involved in a few sackings. I'm not itk about this but when Chapman's time as manager came to an end, he was given another position in the club. That looked to me as though we didn't have enough money to pay up his contract. I'd be very surprised if CH would allow a manager's contract to be paying any more than the 3 months Campbell was talking about.

Thats going to depend on the terms of the contract. There may well be a fixed compensation amount. But it would rely on that being written in to Farrell's contract. 

19 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thats going to depend on the terms of the contract. There may well be a fixed compensation amount. But it would rely on that being written in to Farrell's contract. 

Surely to God the contract extension should have been provisional on the club being promoted.  However, it wasn't announced like that suggesting that it is NOT the case, and all the while it was to ensure that the likes of Greg Wylde were retained to play 26 minutes of games before being substituted.  

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Hopefully he'll go on a permanent strike.

I'd be very surprised if our manager's contract is any different to the majority (if not all) of part time clubs. This season has seen six of of ten L2 managers given the sack in a division that isn't awash with money. If Albion Rovers and Stranraer can afford to sack their manager, so can we. If he's still here next season, it's because the board want him to stay.

I am only going on an article I read about premier league managers so assuming it’s the same, I might be wrong.

It said that if a club sacked a manager they only had to pay his remain contract unless he signs for another club. At that point they stop paying.

@Skyline Drifter seems to have a good grip on all things football from an admin board level generally so he might know common practice.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

I'd be very surprised if our manager's contract is any different to the majority (if not all) of part time clubs. This season has seen six of of ten L2 managers given the sack in a division that isn't awash with money. If Albion Rovers and Stranraer can afford to sack their manager, so can we. If he's still here next season, it's because the board want him to stay.

TBF Hamill was sacked with only 3 games to go in the season so there wouldn't have been much in the way of compensation, also it was done in a more face saving 'leaving by mutual consent' way. His contract was up at the end of the season anyway so no contract extension issues to deal with.

50 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

I am only going on an article I read about premier league managers so assuming it’s the same, I might be wrong.

It said that if a club sacked a manager they only had to pay his remain contract unless he signs for another club. At that point they stop paying.

@Skyline Drifter seems to have a good grip on all things football from an admin board level generally so he might know common practice.

This happens a lot, managers get removed from post but not paid off.  So the ex sits in his garden, or goes to other games while his employers have to pay for another manager to take the job on.

The ex can use the time for personal development, visiting other teams or whatever.

Edit to add; you've used "unless", swap that out for "until they get another job or their contract expires."

Edited by sonsanorak

4 hours ago, sonsism said:

An apology from the club - no matter how useless - would’ve been nice.  Noticed the website hasn’t even been updated yet with the latest result.  

It's ok I'm sure there will be statement about new cones or bibs for training similar to last year 

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How do manager contracts work? Are they the same as players in terms of anything signed/agreed before the season ends wont actually be registered until registration for next season commences?

I’m getting my hopes up that we can potentially bin off Farrell and any new gaffer can take deals off the table for shite like Wylde before any registration goes through.

Give me some good news @Skyline Drifter

No. Manager contracts arent registered at all. 

However, its worth pointing out again that almost every managerial contract ever will have a break clause setting out the penalties for either party ending the agreement early. The assumption that a contract necessarily needs paid up in full to end it is 99% certain to be nonsense.

The key point is that the board clearly won't want to sack him; either because they're too gutless to have a difficult conversation or because they're genuinely taken in by Farrell's schtick. I'm not sure what it would take to change that, other than a really poor start to next season.

Edited by FifeSons

39 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The key point is that the board clearly won't want to sack him.; either because they're too gutless to have a difficult conversation or because they're genuinely taken in by Farrell's schtick. I'm not sure what it would take to change that, other than a really poor start to next season.

If our Board have anything about them at all Farrell should be given his jotters after this Saturday's match.

This clown will take us into the Lowland League, aided by our inept Board.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

The key point is that the board clearly won't want to sack him.; either because they're too gutless to have a difficult conversation or because they're genuinely taken in by Farrell's schtick. I'm not sure what it would take to change that, other than a really poor start to next season.

Obviously poor ends to the last two seasons count for hee-haw.

36 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Didn't you all vow not to go back after Farrell was kept on after relegation, then immediately go back?

You'll be back.

Anyone I personally know who vowed not to buy a season ticket didn’t buy one. Bit of a difference between that and your claim that “all” of us vowed to never set foot inside the stadium until Farrell is gone.

How many have made this vow to never return this time around?