Sons' sorrow

Again happy with that for a days business. I'll assume Hilton has indeed been signed as a striker unless we're playing Orsi, Wallace and him there at the same time. 

Young is someone I'm very happy to see we've signed up, it'll be a very big change in style from McNiff anyway...

Any clue as to how many more are meant to be coming in? If Broun is away then that's one and I'll assume we need another natural centre half?

12 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Presume Orsi will unfortunately be suspended for the first 2 games? Red v Annan would’ve been 3 game for violent conduct? 

I'm not 100% sure but I think if a red card is for violent conduct then any suspension would be cross-competition so it would be league cup games he'd miss rather than the league. I could be wrong though.

28 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Any clue as to how many more are meant to be coming in? If Broun is away then that's one and I'll assume we need another natural centre half?

I reckon we will have a sub keeper and a striker to come at the very least. I’m not sure Broun is actually leaving, is he?

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I reckon we will have a sub keeper and a striker to come at the very least. I’m not sure Broun is actually leaving, is he?

I may have misread the previous post as thought he was going rather than rumoured to be. I'd be more than happy if he stayed although it's just if he's happy with a lack of minutes again I suppose is the question 

Would we be due any sort of development fee - due to his age - for Finlay Gray if he were to run his contract down and leave on a free next summer? Don’t know how long a player needs to have been at the club for that to apply.

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

15 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Would we be due any sort of development fee - due to his age - for Finlay Gray if he were to run his contract down and leave on a free next summer? Don’t know how long a player needs to have been at the club for that to apply.

If he's under 23 and we offer him a contract that (matches?) what he's been offered elsewhere then we're due a fee I'm sure.

One minute. Sound the @Skyline Drifterhorn.

33 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If he's under 23 and we offer him a contract that (matches?) what he's been offered elsewhere then we're due a fee I'm sure.

One minute. Sound the @Skyline Drifterhorn.

Don't have to offer him what's been offered elsewhere, only match whatever you had him on before.

If he's u23 at 30th June and you offer an extension of at least one year at at least all the same (or better) financial terms more than 14 days in advance then you are entitled to compensation. Compensation can either be agreed or go to a Tribunal. You have to be able to justify it though. You can't think of a number and double it. If it goes to a Tribunal you'd need to provide evidence of a calculation of development cost. There's no minimum time element. If you signed him a week before as a free agent you'd still be entitled to compensation but clearly it would be miniscule.

51 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Someone do a potential starting eleven, please!

Long

Pignatiello Crighton Durnan Young

Orsi    Blair      Gray   Maclean

Hilton  Wallace

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

47 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Speaks volumes re the club's official website that my default search when trying to locate a current squad list was via Wikipedia.

If it's any help, then I meticulously keep the season Wikipedia pages updated. Helped me keep track of stats for match reports and stuff in the day job. And it's quite a nice mobile friendly way of casting an eye over stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_Dumbarton_F.C._season

Edited by Jan Vojáček