Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I might be being slightly optimistic here (not @optimistic, he's someone else), but I'd like to think we may play 2 up top this season, or at least Wallace in behind Ruth to get the best out of Wallace, with a middle 4 behind them. Hopefully anyway. It'd be nice to think the coaching staff have seen the limitations of a defensive based 4-1-4-1 and will try to be more adventurous going forward this season. I suppose we'll see.

If it gets us away from turgid suck the life out of games football then aye , im all for 2 strikers.

We should be there or thereabouts.Main threats at this point could be forfar, stenny and peterheid.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

If it gets us away from turgid suck the life out of games football then aye , im all for 2 strikers.

We should be there or thereabouts.Main threats at this point could be forfar, stenny and peterheid.

I'd take turgid and winning every week, but aye obviously I'd prefer sexy samba soccer and winning every week.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Let's leave this chat free of the rapist. Leave that shit to the Raith and Clyde threads.

And Dean Brett's wet dreams.

43 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Duncan Ferguson wants McKinnon on his background team at Forrest green and I reckon he’ll leave  so Forfar may be looking for a new gaffer soon

A rather worrying sign that the board are having no luck sourcing a sponsor for anything and are now giving commission out to fans in the hope anybody comes forward. Almost as if having dodgy owners damages your marketing potential. 

4 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I really don't know what any of this means. 5 percent of what? The sponsorship deal to the value of 1k? 

Screenshot_20230628_224200_Chrome.jpg

If the sponsorship deal is worth £1k then the supporter would get a £50 voucher or cash if the deal is over a grand.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

A rather worrying sign that the board are having no luck sourcing a sponsor for anything and are now giving commission out to fans in the hope anybody comes forward. Almost as if having dodgy owners damages your marketing potential. 

This was my thought as well. At least the  new commercial manager is trying something different but it all does seem a bit panicked. 

We've all had a wee chuckle at the Elgin situation but at least they have/had a connection to local business community. We'd bite a leg off for six figure sponsorship deal. 

A wee crowdfunder from the users of this thread? 

"Sons sorrow (est 2012) Proud sponsors of Dumbarton FC"

Edited by PWL

2 minutes ago, PWL said:

This was my thought as well. At least the  new commercial manager is trying something different but it all does seem a bit panicked. 

We've all had a wee chuckle at the Elgin situation but at least they have/had a connection to local business community. We'd bite a leg off for six figure sponsorship deal. 

A wee crowdfunder from the users of this thread? 

"Sons sorrow (est 2012) Proud sponsors of Dumbarton FC"

We did have good local business involved in the shape of C&G but left when the new owners came in. If the board had engaged properly with them they'd still be ploughing money in IMO. Their company is growing into other sectors and is only getting bigger.

The commercial manager would need to be Jordan Belfort to convince folk to put money into a club being shadow run by a convicted criminal and with a board who has no interest in acknowledging that fact. I do not envy his job at all. 

11 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I'd take turgid and winning every week, but aye obviously I'd prefer sexy samba soccer and winning every week.

We all like to win obviously but it didnt get us where we needed to go last season and we were excruciating to watch.Hardly the best way to attract fans.A change would be welcome IMO.

On our style of play, it would be utterly criminal if we played Pignatiello at right back and didn't let him cross the half way line. Same on the other side, Young apparently has a decent delivery so I really feel we need a change in style this year. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

On our style of play, it would be utterly criminal if we played Pignatiello at right back and didn't let him cross the half way line. Same on the other side, Young apparently has a decent delivery so I really feel we need a change in style this year. 

Would you play Carlo in CM or as an attacking MF?RB surely belongs to Lynas.

7 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Would you play Carlo in CM or as an attacking MF?RB surely belongs to Lynas.

I'd play Carlo at right back, as that's his best position. We have too many central midfielders to try and accommodate him in there, Malcolm, Blair, Gray, two Wilsons and Hilton all want to play in those midfield berths.  He's not going to play right midfield either because we have Orsi and Tony Wallace. It would be incredibly harsh on Lynas to drop him but the manager is paid to get the best team on the park and if that means Lynas waiting his turn for a while then it really is tough luck. 

Carlo is probably both our best right-back and our best CM. So I'm also quite fascinated to see where he plays. I reckon he's probably more effective at right-back, but he needs to be allowed to get forward.

I also like the idea of some Orsi/Pignatiello family link-up down the right.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Carlo is probably both our best right-back and our best CM. So I'm also quite fascinated to see where he plays. I reckon he's probably more effective at right-back, but he needs to be allowed to get forward.

I also like the idea of some Orsi/Pignatiello family link-up down the right.

Given our current options, I wonder if he's planning on Orsi playing on the left and Wallace on the right. There's a lot of questions over who plays where, we just need to hope Faz gets it right quickly. 

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'd play Carlo at right back, as that's his best position. We have too many central midfielders to try and accommodate him in there, Malcolm, Blair, Gray, two Wilsons and Hilton all want to play in those midfield berths.  He's not going to play right midfield either because we have Orsi and Tony Wallace. It would be incredibly harsh on Lynas to drop him but the manager is paid to get the best team on the park and if that means Lynas waiting his turn for a while then it really is tough luck. 

If we do stick with 4-5-1 i would imagine Hilton would play behind the striker either byrne or ruth.Could Wallace play on the left with Orsi on the right?

Also in defence if Crighton is the bomb scare stenny fans are saying then maybe Lynas alongside Durnan  with carlo and young as the fullbacks?