Sons' sorrow

15 minutes ago, Exiled Fifer said:

East Fife offering a much cheaper option for GBP 175, all first team home fixtures ( league,cup and friendlies ) PLUS  all first team away games (subject to broadcasting restrictions).

Just saying, like.

Inferior product. Always going to be cheaper.

Mon the Sons

16 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

Inferior product. Always going to be cheaper.

Mon the Sons

Seem to have struck a nerve here, I was simply pointing out the difference between the 2 stream offers but you’ve got broon sauce fae Tesco and you’ve got HP sauce, what do you prefer and what can you afford.? 

I know what I prefer and it doesn’t have to be the most expensive.

Nighty night.

42 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Two questions....what is defined as 'overseas' and can matches still be paid for/viewed on an individual basis ?

Overseas will be outside the UK. However, that's easily overcome.

I'd also like to know your second question. I'm sure PPV wasn't allowed last season, and you had to pay monthly. I'd personally prefer PPV, rather than parting with £200 upfront, since I'll make a few home games in-person.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Two questions....what is defined as 'overseas' and can matches still be paid for/viewed on an individual basis ?

I don’t think you’re allowed to show individual matches anymore, which is an utterly bizarre and backwards rule and is a total pain in the arse for someone like me who works a lot of weekends. We’ll no doubt try and get around it by offering a monthly package I’d hope. 

7 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don’t think you’re allowed to show individual matches anymore, which is an utterly bizarre and backwards rule and is a total pain in the arse for someone like me who works a lot of weekends. We’ll no doubt try and get around it by offering a monthly package I’d hope. 

A monthly subscription is certainly more flexible, but individual matches is the optimum solution and that ruling does indeed seem odd, especially when there may be occasions when fans of rival clubs may wish to tune in.

East Fife offer a monthly subscription for streams for all games home and away costing GBP 20, automatically expiring after 30 days, but there again, of poor quality, I am informed. Why not look at their official site to see what’s on offer under EFTV.

Just saying, like.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Those walk up prices are stinking, as are the overseas subscription prices. You don't have much other choice than to f**k over the walk up punter when you're completely unable to attract proper sponsorship. 

You might not have to worry about any of it.  I tried to post something here earlier but it wouldn't open.  According to the Strike Off Notice currently on Companies House Dumbarton FC Ltd has two months to submit accounts up to 31st May 2022 or they could be up Shit Creek.

On 28/07/2023 at 18:53, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Would you expect records to be updated if they died 7 years ago?

On 28/07/2023 at 19:21, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I would imagine that the share register is difficult for smaller clubs.  I don't expect many families of deceased people will be prioritising informing the clubs, especially for a nominal amount of shares, and I also wonder how often the clubs' Company Secretaries conduct a trawl to try to keep things in order.  It doesn't help that Dumbarton currently doesn't have a Company Secretary 🤦.

On 28/07/2023 at 21:55, C'mon_the_Sons said:

The 2 names that stood out for me were G Lawrie and D Dalgleish. I mean ffs if we can’t update those what hope do we have.

As @Sweet Pete already said, its not the club's responsibility to chase that information per se. Shares might, perfectly validly sit in someone's estate for a decade or more and, as @O'Kelly Isley III said, families often arent even conscious their deceased relative even had shares never mind remember to tell clubs when they pass away. I act as Share Registrar for QoS. There are close to 100 shareholders, representing almost 10% of the capital who the club have no contact details for, most of whom bought their shares before the World War II and will be long dead. I've spent lengthy time over the years advertising and trying to source heirs for the unknown ones. Now and again one pops up out of the blue but it is a thankless task.

40 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

You might not have to worry about any of it.  I tried to post something here earlier but it wouldn't open.  According to the Strike Off Notice currently on Companies House Dumbarton FC Ltd has two months to submit accounts up to 31st May 2022 or they could be up Shit Creek.

Have we not already done that, as per microdave below?

On 28/07/2023 at 17:48, microdave said:

Screenshot_20230728_175119_Twitter.jpg

47 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Live stream from Alan Martin.

Responding Jim Carrey GIF

Not to stop the bashing of Alan Martin or anything but why would he have the answer? He has the easy reply of saying the club board are responsible for that whilst CC are looking at our ambitious and highly profitable stadium move. Whilst we all know that's the shitehawk reply, he would also be right that McKay and/or Colin Hosie should be submitting these documents.

On the subject of board members, is there any word on when the Trust members will be able to elect a replacement for Stephanie?

Edited by The Moonster

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not to stop the bashing of Alan Martin or anything but why would he have the answer? He has the easy reply of saying the club board are responsible for that whilst CC are looking at our ambitious and highly profitable stadium move. Whilst we all know that's the shitehawk reply, he would also be right that McKay and/or Colin Hosie should be submitting these documents.

On the subject of board members, is there any word on when the Trust members will be able to elect a replacement for Stephanie?

A couple of points here.  I believe the accounts are indeed prepared and externally audited by club officials but for submission to Companies House I also believe that input is required from majority shareholder Cognitive Capital.  For example I understand that CC were due to make a payment to DFC in March of this year - apparently it never happened - so that would impact both balance sheets.

Re the Trust Director, a newsletter is being sent out to all members and in it is an invite to those interested in applying.  If there are candidates then the established process will take some weeks to conclude.  There is always a communications channel available between the Trust Board and the DFC Board so there should not be any concerns over 'dead air' on any subject until that time.

22 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I understand that CC were due to make a payment to DFC in March of this year - apparently it never happened - so that would impact both balance sheets.

Maybe I'm just a cynic but that's giving off Moreroom vibes