Sons' sorrow

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We have won 4 games in our last 20 competitive matches.

We’ve been absolutely crap for the whole of 2023 (and we absolutely robbed Albion Rovers to end 2022). Fair enough, only a few of those games have been this season, but it’s an increasingly worryingly large sample size.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think it may be David Stevenson.

Thank you.

What I should have done is access Sons Archive first to narrow down the possibilities, so Pat McGowan maybe (though the player looks too tall for McGowan, from what I remember)

image.png.08066a01ad81018e221011769773ab25.png

Though I notice that Tam Coyle was both a starter and a sub that day

*shakes head at @microdave *

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Thank you.

What I should have done is access Sons Archive first to narrow down the possibilities, so Pat McGowan maybe (though the player looks too tall for McGowan, from what I remember)

Based on that I'd go for Tommy Coyle.

Anyone there last night fancy giving us a wee rundown of how it went? From the report on Kilmarnock's website it seemed pretty even and like a draw was a fair outcome - with both sides having chances.

That Kilmarnock front three of Aaron Brown, Steven Warnock and Bobby Wales would be one of the strongest in League Two imo, so they might've been a bit stronger than I had, had in my head. Likewise they had Kieran O'Hara and Jack Sanders playing, which I didn't realise. I didn't even think to look at their teamsheet, I just assumed I wouldn't know anyone!

It's funny. I've no idea what to make of our results so far; the draws could all easily have been wins or defeats.

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/matchzone-dumbarton-h/

I think what I'd make of our games so far is that we're not really that different from last season.

We look ok at the back, but usually make at least 1 mistake per game.

We don't look overly fluid going forward and goals look to be a bit of a problem.

We've been here before. The more expansive, attacking, risk taking style of football has been in short supply so far. If we really do want to be more ambitious then it's time to start showing it.

I watched us against ICT and Spartans and the performance levels were night and day. We never gave ICT a minute on the ball but against Spartans there was virtually no pressing. We also passed through midfield and were quite brave in our passing attempts, whereas against Spartans we gave the ball to a centre back and hoofed it long. It may be that the squad we had available for each fixture dictated how we set up but if there was no difference in inatructions for the team then we may have an issue.

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Statistic you say ?  When did we last have three consecutive 1-1 draws @microdave ? 

Long may the sequence continue.

August 2008 is the answer. League games against Montrose and Elgin with a league cup game against Annan in between. I've looked back to 1986 so far and found nine instances of us drawing three or more consecutive matches. I'm going to keep looking but not until this evening as it's easier to look at the results at the back of Jim McAllister's book than trawl a website page by page.

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Thank you.

Cheers for letting me know. I'll check and amend tonight. 

As ever, if anyone notices anything that isn't right on the archive, please let me know. I want it to be accurate so I won't take offence at mistakes being pointed out.

17 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

https://x.com/broomhillfc/status/1692097756679016568?s=46&t=gnB8MdMgPCtBNp5pbrOmFg

bit pissed off we are promoting this. Their lack of fans is their problem, not ours! I’m sure their rental agreement doesn’t change with the number of fans thru the door! 

It’s like moving someone into your home and letting them shag your mrs. 

Are they paying us to promote this shite? I sure fucking hope so. 

Hopefully that new director character can wander back on here and explain if he thinks it's wise for this football club to be flogging another side's wares. Perhaps this is what he meant by "improving the commercials massively" 😂

Our accounts have been published. I was messaging a pal who is involved at board level with another club (and posts on here, so will see this) and his feedback was: "I've never seen a clusterfuck of an accounts like it"...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC009005/filing-history

13 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

It's not really their fault, they're doing everything a club should do to attract fans, it's our own board who have allowed this to happen who are having a laugh.

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Our accounts have been published. I was messaging a pal who is involved at board level with another club (and posts on here, so will see this) and his feedback was: "I've never seen a clusterfuck of an accounts like it"...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC009005/filing-history

Anyone with an idea fancy breaking this down in plain English?