Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'd really like to see Tony Wallace tried up front at some point. Maybe not from the start, but certainly as an option when we're chasing a goal. His touch is superb, he's a powerful big guy and he has a knack of being in the right place to grab goals. Granted he isn't as mobile as he was, however Rory McAllister could barely move against us a couple of weeks ago - but his intelligence, strength and quality on the ball meant he caused issues with wee Kieran Shanks buzzing around him.

Just as a plan B, rather than switching Ruth for Byrne or MacLean etc.

FTFY Jan.

Screenshot_20231025-205853.thumb.jpg.a9899c8cb5fae0b1606ceaa2ef7ed6e8.jpg

I see Alan Martin is no longer a director at Cognitive Capital and we have some new person instead who seems to almost exclusively be involved in companies with capital or finance in their name. Is it safe to assume this is just the newest patsy?

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Screenshot_20231025-205853.thumb.jpg.a9899c8cb5fae0b1606ceaa2ef7ed6e8.jpg

I see Alan Martin is no longer a director at Cognitive Capital and we have some new person instead who seems to almost exclusively be involved in companies with capital or finance in their name. Is it safe to assume this is just the newest patsy?

Was that the boy that was on here posting furiously for abot 2 days?

On 08/08/2023 at 12:47, Paul Mc said:

Completely agree a proper meeting and finding common ground. I don't think I need to silence myself in lieu of such a meeting, my intention here is to get the raw feedback from fans who care enough to come onto a chat site. Be that good, bad or indifferent. 

If people don't like my comment that is ok. I am not perfect, I am a human and not a robot. I didn't come on here for praise or encouragement, I want to know where things are going wrong from fans perspective. It would be a shame if my intention is lost because the statement is imflammatory but really at my core my message is simply that we should communicate better. I am sure we can all get on board with that.

Any update on this meeting, Paul?

We're all ready to board the communication train...

56 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I read his self written biography in Alan Sugars voice. Stresses he's about common sense and getting things done, so we'll see how that turns out...

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I read his self written biography in Alan Sugars voice. Stresses he's about common sense and getting things done, so we'll see how that turns out...

He'll maybe just disappear/resign after a few months like most of all the other "Directors" of CC.

Bizarre stuff 

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Meet the manager next Fri 3/11/23

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/meet-the-manager-3/

Will @FifeSons charter a flight?

I was speaking to Faz about this the other day. He's very pleased with the start to the season but knows that the feeling around the club hasn't been right over the past few years and wants to basically address that head on. As I understand it, it was his idea to get a meeting together and basically just get talking to see if things can almost be started again fresh in the relationship between him and the fanbase.

He's said absolutely nothing is off the table. So if there's something you want asked but either don't feel comfortable enough to ask (or can't make it) then drop me a PM and I'll ask it anonymously on your behalf. There's no filter being put in, so if there's anything you want to get off your chest then I've got the green light to ask it.

Anyone who PMs me to get me to ask him if he'll wave at the fans is getting blocked. Beyond that, fire me what you've got!

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was speaking to Faz about this the other day. He's very pleased with the start to the season but knows that the feeling around the club hasn't been right over the past few years and wants to basically address that head on. As I understand it, it was his idea to get a meeting together and basically just get talking to see if things can almost be started again fresh in the relationship between him and the fanbase.

He's said absolutely nothing is off the table. So if there's something you want asked but either don't feel comfortable enough to ask (or can't make it) then drop me a PM and I'll ask it anonymously on your behalf. There's no filter being put in, so if there's anything you want to get off your chest then I've got the green light to ask it.

Anyone who PMs me to get me to ask him if he'll wave at the fans is getting blocked. Beyond that, fire me what you've got!

Fair play to him for being willing to answer questions, hopefully the support will get involved.

Would also be nice if our Board would do something similar.

I think the fact he's very pleased with taking 1 point from a possible 6 against Spartans, a home defeat to our title challengers and a defeat away at the shittest team in the country tells me everything I need to know. 

He'll talk a good game but ultimately he'll fall short on the pitch because he likes doing things like sitting one of the divisions best midfielders on the bench whilst persisting with David Wilson and wondering why hings urnae workin. 

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Looking forward to this lads.

Let's see if the keyboard warriors back it up in person.

Most likely to slither out and DM Jan to ask on their behalf.

So what exactly is your relationship with Stevie Farrell? Brother? Father? Secret love child?

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think the fact he's very pleased with taking 1 point from a possible 6 against Spartans, a home defeat to our title challengers and a defeat away at the shittest team in the country tells me everything I need to know. 

He'll talk a good game but ultimately he'll fall short on the pitch because he likes doing things like sitting one of the divisions best midfielders on the bench whilst persisting with David Wilson and wondering why hings urnae workin. 

Nail on the head.

I don't think there's really much to be said to Farrell. The facts speak for themselves. For the second-half of last season, we recorded the second-worst points tally in the league, and produced one of the worst performances in recent memory, at the first hurdle of the playoffs. Combine that with relegation the season before, and another playoff shocker, and you have his record at Dumbarton. Take out all the animosity on both sides, and the bizarre things he comes out with, including a good few digs at the fans, and that's all there is. Failure, up to now. He's not going anywhere, so there's not really much to be said or done, other than see how the season unfolds.

Edited by FifeSons