Sons' sorrow

A mere £20 for the East Fife stream on Saturday.

Before anyone mentions, I know it's because it has to be monthly (though ours are PPV for some reason?). At least it's better than what Clyde were charging.

Edited by FifeSons

23 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Greig Young is needing surgery and the club/players are aiming to get a few fundraisers organised to help him out.

Poor kid.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/greig-young-update/

That’s a real shame for the lad, especially considering he had made a stellar start to his Sons career. I assume he will now be out for the season at the very least. 

I’m glad the club are committed to helping finance the operation alongside some fundraising events organised by the players and management. 

Another win for Uncle Faz so of course the boys are nowhere to be seen. Faz showing another string to his bow with a hard fought victory in Methil.

Not even a peep about the meet the manager night a week ago. I assume none of you had the fortitude to put your petty ramblings to the man in the flesh? I am in complete shock.

A pathetic bunch. You don't deserve a man like Uncle Faz.

Speaking of Dumbarton managers… it’s great to see Dumbarton’s greatest ever manager working wonders in Kircaldy! It’s really weird because I remember a huge portion of our support were adament his success with us with all down to Jack Ross. 

Build that man a statue in the new Aldi carpark and revoke the season tickets of those who sullied his name after he left. A modern day Sons legend.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Another win for Uncle Faz so of course the boys are nowhere to be seen. Faz showing another string to his bow with a hard fought victory in Methil.

Not even a peep about the meet the manager night a week ago. I assume none of you had the fortitude to put your petty ramblings to the man in the flesh? I am in complete shock.

I eagerly await every Sunday just for your stellar witterings.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

#stillfazout

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

You're only a couple of posts away from turning into the letters you used to get in Razzle aren't you.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

How many Uncles have you got?

9 hours ago, Neilly said:

For me too far much time was taken up deciding which was the best of our four goals at Ochilview.

3 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Thank goodness we have Jan Vocajek to provide us with a match report, as the OS took all of 59 words to 'cover' the game at Methil on Saturday.

If anyone fancies reading my official report then it's here.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-fife-0-1-dumbarton-31428579#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

There's also reaction from Kalvin Orsi in tomorrow's paper which will be up online at some point later in the week. Although I'm not entirely sure when.

10 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Will there be a report going up regarding the meet the manager evening Jan?

Keep up the good work mate.

I'm afraid that hosting and reporting at the same time is something I just don't have the brain power to be capable of.

I see there is some more information on the OS about the fundraising events for Young’s operation including a link to a justgiving page. 

Are the club paying anything towards it or is it purely being financed through fundraising? I haven’t seen it confirmed in any of the articles so far.