Sons' sorrow

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

D207638F-B3EA-404A-BC0D-7F2AD663933E.jpeg.dc8fb6a5411e0f9dafc47ae5c10660f0.jpeg

Read that earlier. Real head in hands stuff. Incredible that some folk see any sort of criticism as not being a ‘real’ fan, despite it being entirely warranted. Happy clapping as the club continues in a downward trajectory is far worse.

8 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

Read that earlier. Real head in hands stuff. Incredible that some folk see any sort of criticism as not being a ‘real’ fan, despite it being entirely warranted. Happy clapping as the club continues in a downward trajectory is far worse.

I’m not sure if this individual maybe has some issues. If so, I do feel bad for laughing at them. If not, then it’s just delusion/devotion to one individual over the actual club.

I do remember the ‘real fan’ chat was bandied about a lot by these same folk during the Aitken era. You’re not a real fan if you don’t blindly support the manager. If you can’t make it to many games you’re not a real fan. Etc etc.

Edited by FifeSons

14 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’m not sure if this individual maybe has some issues. If so, I do feel bad for laughing at them. If not, then it’s just delusion/devotion to one individual over the actual club.

I do remember the ‘real fan’ chat was bandied about a lot by these same folk during the Aitken era. You’re not a real fan if you don’t blindly support the manager. If you can’t make it to many games you’re not a real fan. Etc etc.

There are real fans and real fannies - take your pick.

As for Farrell, he's ripping the pish but fair play to him for extending his own contract.

42 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ffs

I think every Sons fan knows who this is without seeing the name too. I genuinely think he believes that if everyone just clapped for 90 minutes every Saturday it would turn Farrell into Pep and the players into superheros. 

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ffs

Aside from calling people "real fans" which is elitist pish, nobody has actually turned their back on the club. Folk are complaining because they care. 

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If stalking players and being a cringey nuisance, who values certain players and managers over the club progressing makes me a real fan then I’ll just stick to being a fake fan, thank you very much.

Going to watch Nicky Devlin at Ayr over your own team is the true sign of devotion.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

28223856-8304985-image-a-43_1589118251111.jpg

I'm probably being a grumpy git, and I don't really care all that much tbh, but the season's going down the pan and we're pissing about like this. Just feels like it confirms the view that no one at the club's that bothered. I'm fully aware most folk wouldn't share this view and would say there's nothing wrong with the players enjoying themselves.

Edited by FifeSons

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I'm probably being a grumpy git, and I don't really care all that much tbh, but the season's going down the pan and we're pissing about like this. Just feels like it confirms the view that no one at the club's that bothered. I'm fully aware most folk wouldn't share this view and would say there's nothing wrong with the players enjoying themselves.

Doesn't bother me tbh, they'll be back training in a day or so.

Probably as close to a Title Party as they'll get.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Mackay is rattled. He’s been hiding for a while and now he’s been called out he’s resorting to these defence tactics. 

Out of interest, how many meetings with the Trust have been instigated by Dr Shipman?

Probably 4 or 5.

The trust agreed to have regular meetings with the club board whilst the position of trust director on the club board remained vacant.