Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I thought we took it fairly seriously last year. We put out a strong side against Kelty, missed a stupendous amount of chances and conceded one of the most comical goals I've ever seen us lose. But the performance on the day was really decent.

But in terms of priorities it's right at the bottom. Survival, Scottish Cup, League Cup...Large gap. Challenge Cup and Stirlingshire Cup.

Greenie for using the word "stupendous" in a Dumbarton Football Club thread. Not heard that word since the 90s

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I thought we took it fairly seriously last year. We put out a strong side against Kelty, missed a stupendous amount of chances and conceded one of the most comical goals I've ever seen us lose. But the performance on the day was really decent.

But in terms of priorities it's right at the bottom. Survival, Scottish Cup, League Cup...Large gap. Challenge Cup and Stirlingshire Cup.

I’d be inclined to split survival out to off-park then on-park. 

10 hours ago, the snudge said:

Greenie for using the word "stupendous" in a Dumbarton Football Club thread. Not heard that word since the 90s

On the subject of stupendous. Here's Div Wilson scoring from about 40 yards for those of us (ie me) who weren't at Hebburn

What are peoples thoughts on macron compared to Joma … I know it’s technically pitch teamwear but I think service is better my mrs got me the last joma home shirt and it took forever to arrive I used Dumbarton direct for rain jacket and it arrived fairly quick also think the disigns are decent with macron whilst joma were like a template 

6 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

What are peoples thoughts on macron compared to Joma … I know it’s technically pitch teamwear but I think service is better my mrs got me the last joma home shirt and it took forever to arrive I used Dumbarton direct for rain jacket and it arrived fairly quick also think the disigns are decent with macron whilst joma were like a template 

Macron is far better, just their sizing is a bit unusual, long in the body but need to go up a size from your normal fit.

8 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Aye I've been really impressed with the Macron stuff; the kits have all been really decent. But beyond that, the training gear just looks really slick and professional. I've got the light green quarter-zip from two seasons ago and a lightweight jacket from last year. They feel better quality than the Joma stuff and look a lot less like boys' club teamwear.

I'm quite liking the look of this season's black quarter zip too

JS338534424.thumb.jpg.8c45f96df8a736c81829e028df717f52.jpg

The Macron stuff is far superior for me. I'm also a skinny wee runt so my usual size fits me fine (if anything, better). Not purchased this year's top but I look forward to Santa bringing me it. 

Aside from Strathclyde Homes, I don't think any of them have ever stuck in the mind. 

However, if it brings in funds or (as I suspect in this case ) reduces outgoings, then I'm all for it.  

1 hour ago, PWL said:

However, if it brings in funds or (as I suspect in this case ) reduces outgoings, then I'm all for it.  

Agree with that completely, if a company is willing to pay us money or then give us something in return then they can call it whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. 

23 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Agree with that completely, if a company is willing to pay us money or then give us something in return then they can call it whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. 

Sure, and we'll continue to call it The Rock.  It's a bit like 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington.

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Is the **** winning the Euros the price we had to pay for that night at Ainslie Park?

We should've known Faz winning big games would have consequences

12 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Is the **** winning the Euros the price we had to pay for that night at Ainslie Park?

You know, the more I watch the so-called elite level of football the more glad I am that I watch and support Dumbarton.  OK, the individual and collective skills, fitness and organisation may be much lower but the overall experience remains very true to the origins of the game.  There is a passion and honesty and randomness that has simply vanished from higher up the chain, and we are also largely free from the incessant demands of commerce and broadcasters to trick up the 'experience' for the domestic and global 'customer'.  Last night's latest VAR farrago was another reminder of when it's not broken then don't fix it.