Sons' sorrow

McGinn played for Queens Park in the 11/12 season.

Yeah, but did they not played nearly every game week in week out? Hardie missed 3/4 months of the season. Spoonsy played quite a bit at the start but hardly got a sniff when Peaso, Archie and McMenamin were our strike force.

Paul McGinn played for Queen's Park in the 2011/12 season, then moved to St. Mirren.

On the hypothetical Hardie and Weatherston debate, I don't doubt that the former would definitely improve our side, and the latter probably would too.

Martin Hardie may well be 37, but he's still got a lot to offer as far as I'm concerned, particularly for a side like ourselves. I doubt it's a goer given his thoughts on us from last season, but if it were to come to anything, I'd be very happy if he were to sign, based on what he's still got to give.

Weatherston may well also improve us, but he's not the sort of player we should be looking at as far as I'm concerned. He's scored goals consistently in this league, and more heavily below, but he's not the most mobile, and hasn't been prolific enough for me to advocate going after him. As has been suggested already, I'd rather we went after someone with a strong goal-scoring record in the Second Division, Stuart Malcolm or the likes.

McGinn came to us in January. He was in St. Mirrens pre-season team and had full time training all year.

Anyway, I doubt we could pay Hardie what he's after even if Murray wanted him, which I doubt he is. I also think he'll be looking for something different than weatherson.

McGinn came to us in January. He was in St. Mirrens pre-season team and had full time training all year. Anyway, I doubt we could pay Hardie what he's after even if Murray wanted him, which I doubt he is. I also think he'll be looking for something different than weatherson.

McGinn spent the first half of this season at Queens Park.

Are you should he was in the pre-season team, i know his brother, who will play for Scotland one day, was.

My point was that all the listed players, including McGinn, played at a lower level than the First for the 11/12 season.

Our squad needs a good balance. We can't depend on a squad full of players from the 2nd and 3rd division, it's always good to have a bit of experience in there, whether it's age wise or level wise (not saying we should sign Hardie or Shrek, just mean in general). Even off the park you need some experience, especially with such a young management team.

I'm all for signing players from the 2nd and 3rd division if Murray deems them good enough but I wouldn't be against signing someone due to their age as long as they fit into our squad somewhere. For me Hardie doesn't and he'd be wanting too much for a backup player.

Anyway, heard we've been looking at Armand One as a Lister replacement. I imagine he'll mostly be used as backup, can't say I'm a fan.

Our squad needs a good balance. We can't depend on a squad full of players from the 2nd and 3rd division, it's always good to have a bit of experience in there, whether it's age wise or level wise (not saying we should sign Hardie or Shrek, just mean in general). Even off the park you need some experience, especially with such a young management team.

I'm all for signing players from the 2nd and 3rd division if Murray deems them good enough but I wouldn't be against signing someone due to their age as long as they fit into our squad somewhere. For me Hardie doesn't and he'd be wanting too much for a backup player.

Anyway, heard we've been looking at Armand One as a Lister replacement. I imagine he'll mostly be used as backup, can't say I'm a fan.

I'd argue that we have plenty experience, Grindlay, Graham, Gilhaney and Prunty. McDougall knows how to play in, and win, this division. Of couse Murray himself has lots of experience.

I don't think we have looked like we lack experience, however I wouldn't be against some one just because of their age, providing they are still good enough. I don't think Weatherson is good enough and I think Hardie is too slow/immobile to play in midfield for us, due to how we play.

I'd argue that we have plenty experience, Grindlay, Graham, Gilhaney and Prunty. McDougall knows how to play in, and win, this division. Of couse Murray himself has lots of experience.

I don't think we have looked like we lack experience, however I wouldn't be against some one just because of their age, providing they are still good enough. I don't think Weatherson is good enough and I think Hardie is too slow/immobile to play in midfield for us, due to how we play.

Murray's already stated we're changing our style, do you have an insight into this?

Murray's already stated we're changing our style, do you have an insight into this?

We are trying out a new tactic, which is playing without a goalkeeper. Which is why we have not signed one.

I think it could work, but only time will tell.

Edited by bigmacDFC

We are trying out a new tactic, which is playing without a goalkeeper. Which is why we have not signed one.

I think it could work, but only time will tell.

Grindlay has been offered terms but he's holding out for a two-year deal.

I can't believe sons fans want that dirty b*****d Hardie and Plug out the bash street kids

Get Beanie back

beanie at qos. all experts on here? not. mobility? experience more like. both proven. still prefer aggie and ct. armand one?

I'm surprised to hear that St.Mirren have released Paul McGinn, I'd have thought they'd have wanted him for at least another year, perhaps with that year being spent on-loan as a preparation to go into their squad for the next season, but hey, if we're interested, it can only aid us in trying to get him onboard for next season. I'd imagine we'd at least make him an offer, I'd love to see him back playing for us next season.

If true, I'd be massively surprised if we're even interested in Armand One. He doesn't have a great record at this level, having spent most of his time in the lower leagues, and he doesn't strike me as a 'Murray type' signing. That said, there would be worse options out there we could go for, so I wouldn't be wholly against signing him, albeit there are far better options IMO.

St Mirren have released Paul McGinn.

Can only agree with the others! I am sure Murray will make an offer and the fact that he has been with us before can only help the offer.

That being said, he is far too good for most (if not all) of the first division clubs in my opinion.

What about Andy Geggan now that Dunfermline went down haha!?

Edited by squeezebox-son